Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #31
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player
Re: 180sx

220hp on the NA I6 MKIV

VS

202hp on the Turbo 4 SR20

VS

155hp on the NA I4 on the KA (you guys dont get the KA, but im just comparing)

Plus the MKIV supra probably weighs more than the S13 so with exhaust and intake on the SR powerered 180sx, it should be fair IMHO.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #32
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

this should help for comparison, you'll have to find somewhere to calculate in your figures though...

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:31 PM   #33
R.W.240
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestes
yeah my first car was a '85 camry with like 240k miles on it and it was great. i loved that car. that car was a trooper. see the thing with having a car like that is you can drive around on baseball fields and inside high schools and through bushes and shit and it doesnt matter. also smashh up and over curbs and those parking blocker things, just basically a ton of abuse. i'd say get a beater like everyone is saying, and something thats 4 doors so you can drive people around.

My first vehicle was a Chevy 2500 4x4.

I Rednecked it up in that thing, Crashing over shit and retarded angle 10mph rain drifting and so many other worthless highschool escapades

Everyone had a beater first... one of my friends was a Z31 with a rising sun painted on the hood... one place wouldnt inspect it since it was "unamerican"
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:15 PM   #34
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

i had a 240 for my first car....lets face it fellas 240's are f'ing beaters, i dont care what you say.

And if you want street respect or wtf ever you call it. Go lasso a kangaroo, strap a nismo t-shirt on it with a Greddy sticker on his tail. If they dont respect you for riding that, then i dont know what will. Seriously, you should be worried about puberty and shit before your worried about being the legendary aussie street racer.

I feel you were ignored as a child, or get made fun of heavily and are trying to damn hard to fit in and be excepted. I mean if its the law that you cant have it, then why would they disrespect you??? You are all about the image, call puff daddy he would suit you well.

you dont take anyones idea's into consideration. Here is a better idea, we dont live in australia, so we dont know wtf you would be better off doing. Buy a car that makes you happy. You can always sell and buy a new one once your gay laws are done with. Like i said before, its not that hard of a concept of what to do. your just young and confused. It will work out in the end son, and 4 years from now you will laugh at this thread trust me.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:22 PM   #35
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

wow this kid thinks hes being treated like a dick? dude were just trying to save you from the path to the dark side. beware...this path is lined with posers who think that the car makes the man. please, lay off the vinyl, neons, and buy the car for what you like, not what others think of you if you get it.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:00 PM   #36
naruto
Banned

dude im from australia too and learner an p plate can't have turboed or supercharched engines unless its deisle...and if its a 4 cylinder(which youll have to get for sure) it can't have more than 100kw or 110kwsomething like that not too sure....L or P platers can not have high powered six cylinder engines(supras,skylinesetc..)

anyway i wounldnt be worried about street cred with the petrol prices....i say you dont have to get an ugly beater but get something with good fuel economy like a civic or an excel.....something that will get you from point a to b

BTW when do you turn 16??
naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #37
orestes
AF Fanatic

ummm how bout a motorcycle?

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
orestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #38
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Send a message via AIM to XeVeNskyLiNE
Whoopie this is a fun thread.

15?! Damn, I thought I was the shit for drifting on Need for Speed when I was 15. I'm not sure what age you guys get an actual driver's liscence over there, but at the age of 15, if you arent rich, you aint gettin a damn thing. Why not just save you money until you're older and just hitch rides with your "mates", or are they too busy being little dildo's and make fun of you for your level 0 street cred? Don't sound like friends to me. Face it man, teenagers don't have nice cars unless:

1. They're rich, which doesn't always translate to mechanical knowledge
2. They worked their monkey asses off for a nice car and probally didn't get one until they were 17-18 years old.
3. I'm too lazy to make up a number 3 but you get the point.

Seriosuly man, you're 15. I know what you're going through, I drove my parents insane about getting a car. I was also stupid enough to think I'd get a $30k MKIV TT for a first car. So just chill out, grow up, save some money. It's just one of those things that isn't logically smart at that age.

Currently in Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona MySpace My S14 and DSM
XeVeNskyLiNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #39
orestes
AF Fanatic

yeah no matter what you get i say 50% chance you crash it (nothing on you in particular thats just how it goes).

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
orestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:41 PM   #40
naruto
Banned

very true....there are some very stupid L&P platers down here in australia...like i can say my mates..this happened like three moths ago my friend had just got his P's then a couple of wees later he totaled his car....he tried drifting in it and crashed into a tree he had also two other people in the car with him...luckily no one got hurt....btw he had a hyundai excel.

anyway the meaning of the story is that you will probably do the same thing......and by having a more powerful rwd car with a newbie driver consequences would be much more worse...

i hope i dont turn out like that
naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:20 AM   #41
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to assad_l

man u guys arent listening to me i said forget about respect or street cred im coming from my point of view i want a 180 because ive wanted one since i was 12 and chuki_ breath no i wasnt ignored as a child and i probably have more friends than you, and i dont think yoo guys know what i mean by street cred i mean when im driving i want people to like damn i could go for one of them not have my bumpers stuck on with sticky tape (like a guy at work) and i get my license in 3 months so i plan to save 8 g in about 10 months so then i can buy a 180 and i wont be trying to drift in it on my 1st week of my P's because thats just plaine stupid i dont even think about doing an awesome smokeshow either the only way i will drift is on open track days or if i build a track on acerage, yea i admit every now and then ill give it a lil but not drift on the street.

P.S
and the LAST thing i am going to do is become a ricer!
assad_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:03 AM   #42
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 180sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad_l
so i plan to save 8 g in about 10 months to do is become a ricer!
Yeah, i think every here had a dream like that, but they reality kicked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_breath
i had a 240 for my first car....lets face it fellas 240's are f'ing beaters, i dont care what you say.
Just because yours is a piece of shit doesn't mean all 240s are.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:23 PM   #43
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

u want reality ill give you reality my parents are strickt they wont let me go out to late night shopping ( because of stabbing and shootings) and most of my mates live about 10 miles away from me so my mum wont take me to thier house and i cant catch a bus there so the only time i get to go out is autosalon, motorshow, odd time when someone picks me up. so i dont go out that much so whats that mean, wheres my money go??? in the bank and no mater what new release comes out i wont get it no matter what it is, all i do is work, talk to my mates over the phone and go out about once a month. my dad says il be alowed to go out alot more soon but i still dont know if i will if im saving i wont.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:08 PM   #44
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Once you have a car, any car, you won't be saving any money, unless your making alot.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:41 AM   #45
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

yea i know im saying thats how im saving for a 180sx

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX