Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 05:11 PM   #16
podunk
AF Regular

I am a car guy, not an educated technition but have made a living and supplemented other incomes by fixing all types and brands of cars for about 36 years. I have learned that they ALL come up with crappy cars from time to time, some great cars with bad hardware from time to time, some great cars with bad electronics ie ; Jag with their horrible forever failing "lucas" electrical crap. Chevrolet new trucks have their stupid "fall apart" parking brake issue. Ford has all of their 6.0 problems. Did you ever see a newer Caddillac that the doors and hood actually fit ? I havent yet. O I almost forgot !! Jap cars like Nissan and their forever failing EGR valves. All Hondas, Accuras share a common AC issue It simply is not adequate enough to cool the car off on a normal Texas summer day. The cost of repairs ? most Mercedes parts I have found are about 1/2 the cost of Jap parts Porsche parts are a bit higher. Mercedes and Porsches are easy repairs most of the time. I'll rave on a bit more to say not to forget that todays Jap car technology came from American designers that could simply make a better living over there. If you drive by any car Brand dealerships repair bays you will see them FULL of cars with Quality Control problems.
podunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:01 PM   #17
Metalli<a
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Metalli<a
Re: M-B's are overpriced rip-offs

baveran boy know a little something about mercedes and learn there great long lasting performance cars that 0WN lost of cars in the list of racing performance and relibility and most of all LONG LASTING. thanks
Metalli<a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:36 AM   #18
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Mercedes Benz pre-Damiler-Benz takeover of the Chrysler Corporation are fantastic cars built to a standard and among the most reliable in the world.

After that, they're just over-priced, unreliable, stodgy, characterless cars (That's how I see the current C Class)

The A Class and M Class are both made from old lunchboxes and fall to bits accordingly.

Yet BMW remain near the top of the reliability surveys. With (Shock) The 3 series proving the most reliable. Every maker makes a lemon every now and then. Ever since Merc built the cars to a cost, the lemons have become standard....

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 02:57 PM   #19
Metalli<a
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Metalli<a

hey bavarian boy m3, i cant change the way you think, i can tell you that you know little or nothing about mercedes other than there price, i have a 15 year old mercedes and it dirves and feels like the day it was made, paint job is unbeliveable and its one of the safest cars on the road. It takes corners at 50 or 60 mph soo soo good and its a privlage to drive them, they are king of the highway cruisers and at 115 mph (not max speed) they feel so smooth to drive, there not rip offs there just not for poor weak insignifagant people like you thats all. they will remain better that BMW "beamers" for all time and you know what? unless u get hired by mercedes and work for them they will always be the best cars, trust me, i enjoi towing my freinds hondas (hon-duh), mitsubities (wow i cant spell), toyotas, camarys, and BMW's to the car pound. and nothing you say to me will be true or change these facts, so move along sir.
Metalli<a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #20
finally_retired
AF Enthusiast

A man after my own heart. I've owned one for 39 years, and its still showroom condition. I enter it at shows and things, and its a real stunner. And theres no BMW to compare in the slightest to my new SL. The 7 series was shockingly bad, so I had the S class. Ive never had any big reliability problems, and they always make me happy when I drive one of them, be it the '56 Gullwing, or the '04 65 AMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahjoob
Can anybody advise me on how to watch TV while driving in a BMW 750il 1999?
finally_retired is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion