Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
31angeladawn
AF Newbie

Re: ignition fuse keeps blowing.

I have the same problem with the 20amp fuse blowing every time I try to start the car. I ended up using a 25amp fuse in place of the 20amp fuse temp. to try to get the car started to at least make it to the shop and spare the tow bill. It worked and going to get the starter fixed so hopefully it will not happen again. All of the posts are very helpful hope this one helps too.
31angeladawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
Michelle99
AF Newbie

Smile Re: ignition fuse keeps blowing.

I had this problem for the first time today with my 2006 Stratus. My kind neighbor discovered it once I told him my car wouldn't start. Replaced the fuse with an existing one from another spot (the group of fuses found on the side of the dashboard area) and drove to work. At lunch I went to start the car again, and it was blown. I put in a new fuse, drove it home (20 min / 10 mile drive) and when I got home it was not blown. I removed it and will put it back in tomorrow morning...we'll see what happens!

I have noticed for a few months that the car didn't always turn over when I turned the switch...I'd have to turn further or turn it back and crank again. So maybe it's my ignition switch (I hope so...cheaper than the starter!)

My main concern was whether I was risking something catching on fire by driving it while this problem was going on, but it seems like a few people here were able to do so for a while with no problem.

Thanks to the person who mentioned I can get both tested for free at an auto parts store. I'll do that tomorrow.

Thank God for knowledgeable, kind people and also the internet!
Michelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #18
hmestep
AF Newbie

I have a 2004 dodge stratus and it keeps blowing the ignition fuse too....trying to figure out why
hmestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #19
sandiego2000
AF Newbie

Have a 1999 Dodge Stratus 2.4L DOHC. Starter/Ignition Fuse 8 kept blowing. No clicking sound, no slow start. When I attempted to start car it wouldn't make any sound. I check fuse 8 under the hood and it's blown. Changed it, worked fine, days later it did it again. I drove around fine for about a week. One morning it just kept blowing, and after blowing 5 fuses I gave up. I put a 30 amp fuse and it worked. No problems. But I was worried about having the wrong size fuse. Recommend you: 1) Check all other fuses under hood and in car. 2) Check starter relay in fuse box under hood. Swap it with another. 3) Check for any shorts in wiring. 4) Remove starter, take it to get it tested. Mine was the starter relay. Good luck.
sandiego2000 is offline   Reply With Quote