Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
dieter
AF Newbie

aldl connector location in a 1990 Lesabre

I have looked under the dash and all around the steering column and I can not find the aldl connector. I think I know what it should look like but I simply can not find it.

Is there someone that really actually worked on a 1990 Buick LeSabre that knows what it looks like and where is it located?

I pulled the cardboard panels on the left side and I looked; if you know it , let me know.

I even went to Autozone and Oreillys and a Buick dealer(two service writes and one older parts manager) today and none of them even knew what the two-prong key or the aldl connector was and I was flabbergasted; I mean it is only a 1990 model. Must be a generation gap.
dieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: aldl connector location in a 1990 Lesabre

My Park Ave from 1990 was under the dash r/s of steering column, hard to see black plastic connector, get under there and snoop around,
Old 12-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

On some Buicks, it's under dash near parking brake...
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tech II For This Useful Post:
dieter (12-01-2013)
Old 12-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
imidazol97
AF -Advisor

Dieter,

I believe on my 93 the ADLC had pushed up through the "cardboard" type material. So there was a slot, but it wasn't stuck in the slot.
imidazol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imidazol97 For This Useful Post:
dieter (12-01-2013)
Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
dieter
AF Newbie

Thanks for the tips but I still couldn't find it. I did find something like it but it had only three wires into ti and over by the heater. I talked with a local Autozone and they said they might be able to find it but on the way there the light went out and I went back home, replaced the panels, cussed a little , got a beer and watched the Bengals and wished I was with them in San Diego.

Now that I don't need it, I will stumble over someone that knows where it is.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
dieter
AF Newbie

What does this mean?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tech II For This Useful Post:
Remove Your Thanks
Old 12-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
dieter
AF Newbie

Thanks
Old 12-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
angiehunter75
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieter View Post
I have looked under the dash and all around the steering column and I can not find the aldl connector. I think I know what it should look like but I simply can not find it.

Is there someone that really actually worked on a 1990 Buick LeSabre that knows what it looks like and where is it located?

I pulled the cardboard panels on the left side and I looked; if you know it , let me know.

I even went to Autozone and Oreillys and a Buick dealer(two service writes and one older parts manager) today and none of them even knew what the two-prong key or the aldl connector was and I was flabbergasted; I mean it is only a 1990 model. Must be a generation gap.

It took me FOREVER to find mine...my car is an 89 Lesabre...its not where i expected it to be for sure...mine is directly under the radio/ashtray..dead center of dash, feel underneath the stereo on the flat surface of the bottom..i felt a rectangle type hole..feeling towards the firewall.& VOILA! there it is!! Ur car may still have the little cover on it, but thats where mine is..royal PIA to read codes myself with a cheat wire...therefore I needed a shop to scan mine. To see it u have to be a contorsionist...good luck
angiehunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #9
dieterschmied
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiehunter75 View Post
It took me FOREVER to find mine...my car is an 89 Lesabre...its not where i expected it to be for sure...mine is directly under the radio/ashtray..dead center of dash, feel underneath the stereo on the flat surface of the bottom..i felt a rectangle type hole..feeling towards the firewall.& VOILA! there it is!! Ur car may still have the little cover on it, but thats where mine is..royal PIA to read codes myself with a cheat wire...therefore I needed a shop to scan mine. To see it u have to be a contorsionist...good luck

I think you got it.! I saw something like that when I had all the covers open but dismissed it because of the other comments. I 'll go after it when the new snow goes. You are right about the contortionist bit. Thanks
dieterschmied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
angiehunter75
AF Newbie

No problem My hubby & I are "do-it-yourselfers"..school of hard knocks..or i should say bashed & bruised knuckles! It was complete fluke i found my OBD plug..i had given up looking for it, until my floor matt got all bunched up, & i was awkwardly down there anyways, figured look more thoroughly, feeling around & there it was Wish we had snow..we got -20 plus wind (Canada) so no mechanicing right now either..good luck with it
angiehunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
aldl , connector , diagnostic , light , service
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre