Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
bigskip13
AF Newbie

clutch not working smoothly

I have a problem with my clutch which is a big issue because I normally love driving my mustang but not lately. It grinds often when I go to put it in third gear and sometimes in 4th. The clutch pedal is all the way down and there seems to be just as much pressure in the clutch pedal as would be normal. If I shift slower than a normal rate then it won't grind but will go in... still pretty rough. It feels like it takes a few seconds for something to stop spinning so that I can slip the gear in. I don't have the know how to fix it so I will be taking it in, just want an idea of how much it may cost and what exactly is going on. Thanks for any help.
bigskip13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
dorfboy
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to dorfboy Send a message via Yahoo to dorfboy
Re: clutch not working smoothly

Sounds like either the synchronizers in the tranny are getting worn or the clutch throw out bearing may not be extending all the way
dorfboy is offline   Reply With Quote