Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
KX2000GTP
AF Regular

loud pop and grinding after turning left

Well it's been a long time. hope everyone is doing well and your GPs are kickin ass...mine isn't. Need some opinions and advice from any an all please.

background: 00 GTP, 250K miles. I was taking daughter to school this morning and when i made a left turn into the school i heard a loud pop and then some grinding and clunking and the car wouldn't really move anymore. I've been hearing some clicking when turning left the past few days so i'm leaning towards the culprit being a busted CV axle joint. When I got the car towed back to my home, I put it in gear and held the brake. There was a loud grinding sound and vibration when i put the car in gear (R,D...)

I'm concerned that it may be more serious than a busted axle. I'm looking at three possibilities... busted CV Joint, broken splines on the tranny side of the CV axle, or transmission...i also though about Hub because i've been hearing some "whom, whom" (sound effects don't translate to text easily, sorry) coming from the passenger side.

Any opinions here? Thanks in advance!
KX2000GTP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
grinding , noise , problem , transmission
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix