Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Vitalichka
AF Newbie

2001 Accord door seized, how to open it?

Hi guys, it's been forever since I've been back here, really hoping someone can help me out with this since I have been breaking my head open over this.

My 2001 Honda Accord had some issues with the door not opening from the inside or the outside, so after taking everything apart I figured out the issue and fixed it. It was a clip which needed to be replaced and once I did that everything was working good. After I put all the panels back on and again tested the door, all was still working fine. Then I closed the door to go back home and realized I left a screwdriver inside the car, tried to open the car with the key but it wouldn't.

Now when I open the passenger door, the automatic door locks, lock automatically as if there is pressure on the locks to lock the doors. The driver side door won't open from the inside nor the outside, there is still tension on the handle though which tells me that nothing slipped off after my repairs.

The issue now is that I can't access the inside of the door because the panels are on and the door is closed which prevents me from taking them off.

Does anyone know how I could take the panels off while the door is closed or how I can get the door open to fix this?

2001 Honda Accord EX-L I4 2Dr Auto doors

Thanks I look forward to your responses.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: 2001 Accord door seized, how to open it?

My guess is the lock rod is jammed up against the door lock actuator or the actuator moved. I would try a slim jim down by the actuator to move things around. If that doens't work you might have to break the door panel off. I've never had a car come in that we couldn't open some how.
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Vitalichka
AF Newbie

Nice, that might just work, I will try that tomorrow.
So basically stick a metal clothes hanger and move it around to see if I can get it unjammed right? Cuz I can lower the windows so that might help right?

Thanks for your help BullShifter, you've been very helpful to me in the past years ago and it seems like you're still a round to be helpful now.

Thanks man, will come back and post on results tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
Vitalichka
AF Newbie

Oh by the way, was looking at your signature and clicked on your link "my pics", looks like it doesn't work. Just to let you know. It's one of those things that we don't notice once we post them as they stay there for years. Hahaha. Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
BullShifter
AF Moderator

You will be better off with the window up. Reach down by the door latch.

Thanks for the tip as well!
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote