Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:26 AM   #1
lauralikewhoa
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lauralikewhoa
Thumbs down Where's my TR4 forum?

Or am I the only person with a '65 TR4 on here?
We're doing a complete overhaul on this garage-held baby.
Here's some pics of its condition as of three weeks ago.
(maybe I should take some new pics, huh?)

[img]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/....jpg[/img]

It doesn't yet run, wwe've got some major component work do before we're that far.
But it's one hell of an endeavor.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:47 AM   #2
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: Where's my TR4 forum?

Looks like an awsome project!

Iv always like the look of the TR4, its the most balanced looking of all the classic TRs.

Some more recent photos would be awsome.

And I have to aplogise for the lack of a TR4 forum, the triumph forums are not that popular, and the owner of the forums is more into his Japanese moderns than British classics.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #3
Bigboat66
AF Newbie

I just found this site and registered. Was disappointed to see that there was no category for TR4. I had a '62 that was CT1981LO, if I recall correctly. Bought it in 1983 and had to trade it in on a new
'86 Mitsu Mirage Turbo when I graduated from college and the TR was losing oil pressure and smoking badly. I unfortunately had already had several low speed accidents by then and had dented the hood, front and rear bumpers and the left rear 1/4 panel. The later occurred when the wheel fell off going about 2 mph. Earlier that day I had the car up to about 100 mph.

Mine was red w/black interior, wood dash and steering wheel and a cool chrome ball shift knob. It was great fun. I wish I could have viewed your photos but could not get the link to work. I am now contemplating getting another TR - from a 4 to a 6. This may not happen as I need a daily driver and have no room to park two vehicles. I may end up getting a 2005 Mustang.

Best wishes for your TR4. I am looking forward to going to this years All British Field Meet in Portland, OR on the Labor Day weekend.
Bigboat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:19 AM   #4
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie

I got some of the pic links to work:

or click here: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...f/f855203a.jpg

or, click here: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...9/f8552765.jpg

or, yip, click here: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...d/f8552767.jpg

sometimes Image station allows hotlinking, sometimes it dosnt.

However, it looks like a cool project, the cars looks complete, which is the most important part, the next thing is finding the time.

And welcome to AF Bigboat66, losing a wheel at 100mph could be scary, you were luckey.

Im going to have put some pressure on the site owner to add some more forums I think.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
gpatmac
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gpatmac Send a message via Yahoo to gpatmac

Here here!

This is my project:

My intent, though, is to find a straigth 4 that will fit; one that is preferrably ohc and fuel injected. I'm hoping to find something that's something I can add a small turbocharger to. I just don't know if I could find a V engine or a boxer that would fit. I have an EJ205 from a Subaru WRX but I believe it's just too wide.

Further, I figured I'd remove all of the body in order to both gauge the the condition and/or send them off to get dipped. Then I hope that the frame is fine. It's straight but it's been sitting in my dad's garage since 1975, so though it was dry, there wasn't any sort of desiccant. Finally, I want to seam-weld the body back on and weld some rollbars on.

I haven't set upon a color I want, but it will most certainly have rallye stripes and big, old style numbers on the doors. (The whole intent is for a solo I/II platform.)

I haven't given any thought to the trans or rearend. Intent for rims & tires is to be as wide as possible.

Any ideas for what engines to look at? I have the dimensions of the engine bay in my pda, but it's not at hand right now.
gpatmac is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > General Discussion