Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 11:55 PM   #16
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Re: Daihatsu Sucks

They are just perfect for a CROWDED city. Where Americans never understand unless they've actually lived in those cramped places, because there is all the land they needed.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:01 AM   #17
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

yeah Id like to put all the soccer moms in the middle of tokyo and tell them to drive....instant death.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:58 PM   #18
webweasel
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Daihatsu Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiHime
They are just perfect for a CROWDED city. Where Americans never understand unless they've actually lived in those cramped places, because there is all the land they needed.
Daihatsu needs to change their image or they will only be able to sell low-profit-margin-mini cars. Toyota should bring back the 2000 GT, put in a lexus V8, and put a daihatsu badge on it. They could sell quite a few of those.
webweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #19
CARNIGG
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to CARNIGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGT2000
The Aztek is certainly on my top 10 list of worst looking cars ever.

And the reat of the Pontiac line??..Thats crazy. The plastic mold thing is a thing of the past. II think the G6 is one of the best lookin GM cars that has came out in a loooong time. The
Aztek coulda had potential. If it woulda came out lookin like it did b4 production ended I think it may have survived..maybe
Old 09-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #20
webweasel
AF Newbie

The aztek is an example of what is wrong with the car design business today. The engineers specified what the dimensions would be and told the stylists to design a car that would have those numbers and look good. The stylists did a concept car that looked better than the production car. The engineers were not impressed. They decided to make some changes because they thought any change would be an improvement. The end result was something that looked like the aztek. The engineers blamed the stylists because it was their job to make it look good. The stylists blamed the engineers for changing it. both groups had good excuses, and their work was done.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #21
CARNIGG
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to CARNIGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by webweasel
The aztek is an example of what is wrong with the car design business today. The engineers specified what the dimensions would be and told the stylists to design a car that would have those numbers and look good. The stylists did a concept car that looked better than the production car. The engineers were not impressed. They decided to make some changes because they thought any change would be an improvement. The end result was something that looked like the aztek. The engineers blamed the stylists because it was their job to make it look good. The stylists blamed the engineers for changing it. both groups had good excuses, and their work was done.

Wow..thats an interestin story. Do you have any links or anything related to that?
Old 09-24-2005, 08:00 PM   #22
webweasel
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARNIGG
Wow..thats an interestin story. Do you have any links or anything related to that?
I read something about this in car design news' forum. This is off the record. This would make a good magazine article, but I doubt that GM would co-operate.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:52 PM   #23
VAD0R
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to VAD0R Send a message via AIM to VAD0R

If you think Daihatsu never made a sporty model then you never seen anything on the Storia X4, YRV Turbo, limited production FR-X or the Charade GTTi.

So in other words even though Daihatsu doesn't have to make some V8 sports car or even any sports car, since they can already make hatches or coupe that are sporty yet fit in with their affordable image. Now aside from the Storia X4 and, Charade GTTi vs other sporty cars of their era or even this one if tuned properly, they might not have as good performance as even a Civic Si but as long as they are just as sporty in character, have as many features or be lighter in weight yet is still cheaper they can still secure something in the line of budget performance.
VAD0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #24
claytonisapro
AF Newbie

One main reason why Daihatsu sucks is because ALL of their cars are NOT 4 wheel disc brakes. Except for the Daihatsu Altis which is a camry. NOT EXCUSED. Mark my word. ALL of their cars have rear drum brakes (disc/drum) instead of 4 wheel disc (disc/disc). it really really sucks. sucks.
claytonisapro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #25
claytonisapro
AF Newbie

you see even their sport roadster Daihatsu Copen is disc/drum. sucks to the max
claytonisapro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #26
redsuns7
AF Newbie

I used to own a Daihatsu Feroza (Sportrak) LONG time back. though the ride was crappy, the little suv was well built and never died on me once. the Daihatsu I hate is the terious. Its disgusting, its designers probably designed it to resemble crap. man its just ugly, looks like it got its a** f**ked by a LX570 or a QX56 so hard that it caved in.
redsuns7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
redsuns7
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonisapro View Post
One main reason why Daihatsu sucks is because ALL of their cars are NOT 4 wheel disc brakes. Except for the Daihatsu Altis which is a camry. NOT EXCUSED. Mark my word. ALL of their cars have rear drum brakes (disc/drum) instead of 4 wheel disc (disc/disc). it really really sucks. sucks.
That can't be a reason to hate a brand but I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.

lololololoLOLOLOL
Old 12-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #28
redsuns7
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonisapro View Post
you see even their sport roadster Daihatsu Copen is disc/drum. sucks to the max
dude that car is like 60cc and has 6 hp with 3lb-ft torque and looks like an over sized remote controlled toy (but not in a gud way) .

what do you expect? 6 piston slotted and drilled brembos? LOL

I can run faster then a Die-hatsu Crapen

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General