Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Opinions wanted on Ziebart or Rust Check

I hope I'm putting this question in the proper forum. I'm looking for opinions from members who have used or have had experience with either Ziebart rustproofing or RustCheck. I recently purchased a 2006 Chevrolet Uplander used in great condition. I live in an area that relies HEAVILY on salt in the winter. I want to protect this vehicle as the one this replaces had a major rust issue, mainly on the rocker panels and underside, ( it was a '97 Chevy Venture.)
I first started looking at Rustcheck, a national brand of rustproofing, but as I talked with some friends who are fellow mechanics, Ziebart came up a lot in our conversations. I went on their website to do some research and may end up going with that product. They also offer a product called "Diamond Gloss" which is a paint protectant which I am now also interested in. Anybody have any opinions on these products whether good or bad?
I am posting a link to their site so you can see their writeup on their products. http://www.ziebart.com/prodServicesMain.htm On the "Menu" click on "Detailing & Protection Services" for the Diamond Gloss" and click on "Rust Protection Services" for their undercoating and rustproofing.
I want to keep this vehicle as long as I can so I'm hoping this will be a good investment. The guy I spoke to on the phone wanted me to come down and he'd talk about pricing packages for these products. They recently moved their business to another part of town and were offering specials which expire soon. One price he did tell me was the undercoating was usually $359 for my van and it was on special for $179 with the Grand Re-Opening sale. Other than that he didn't want to talk prices on the phone.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
youasked4help
AF Newbie

Re: Opinions wanted on Ziebart or Rust Check

Have you looked into the "rocker panel" spray at your local auto paint and suplie store? it comes in a big can and ive used it for such. olot of the time people will paint about 8 inches up from the bottom, then paint over that, cars these days is bare metal under the bodies so id recomend looking under there too, as rust usualy starts from the inside out. or under moldings. avoid bed liners and bug covers as well.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General