Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
gatlin gun
Banned

Always Fun: What is your favorite muscle car!?

Always Fun: What is your favorite muscle car!?

created this as a way to gather all the excitement of the forum if you have pictures of your own add that too

name your favorite
gatlin gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Re: Always Fun: What is your favorite muscle car!?

Loaded queston... Be certain to read and understand the definition of "muscle car". Let's not debate THAT again.No-brainer. GTO. The first one, the GREAT one... (:- If you could beat a GTO in a straight line, you weren't gonna be able to beat in the twisties. If you can beat it in the twisties, you won't beat it in a straight line... Very well "balanced". Not the "quickest", but the BEST!Jim
MrPbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
maxwedge
A990 racer

I always like the 70 Olds W30 I drove for a week 20 years ago, huge torque, a/c, power seat, locks and windows and nice ride/handling. Although I raced the Hemi and Max Wedge cars for 25 years they stunk for comfort and driveabililty in stock trim.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. PBody View Post
Loaded queston... Be certain to read and understand the definition of "muscle car". Let's not debate THAT again.No-brainer. GTO. The first one, the GREAT one... (:- If you could beat a GTO in a straight line, you weren't gonna be able to beat in the twisties. If you can beat it in the twisties, you won't beat it in a straight line... Very well "balanced". Not the "quickest", but the BEST!Jim
I would agree with this. GM muscle cars all handled better than average. I never was a big fan of the leaf-spring rear ends (Mopar) or the extremely light Mopar and Ford power steering.

For some reason, I like the appearance and detailing of the Ford muscle cars, and the Ford 429 is my favorite muscle car engine.

However, I do like them all. Realistically I prefer a nicely preserved or restored muscle car over any particular brand.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
sub006
AF Enthusiast

In their muscle car comparo (1966?) Car and Driver found the Olds 442 to be the best handler on the Bridgehampton road course. Must have been the rear sway bar they pioneered for A-bodies that year?

The GTO, Fairlane and Cyclone entries blew their engines due to "over-tuning" by Royal Pontiac, Holman & Moody and Bud Moore, and were disqualified.

The Buick Gran Sport and SS396 Chevelle were legal, pretty, and ran at the tail of the pack.

Chrysler declined to participate. Too bad, their Belvederes and Coronets didn't have "GT" versions yet and were kind of plain (ugly?), but they handled well with front torsion bars, and equipped with Hemis? MIght have been a slaughter.
sub006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
702VegasLife
AF Enthusiast

Deffinatly would have to say a 67 gto !
702VegasLife is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
car , favorite , muscle
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical