Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe > Performance > Forced Induction
Forced Induction Look here for information on superchargers and turbo kits for the 350z
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
devil_z33
AF Newbie

350z Twin Turbo vs. EVO MR

Hi everybody,

I have a 350z am planning to greddy twin turbo on it. But I am thinking should I get the twin turbo on my Z or trade it in for the 2005 Lancer EVO MR.

Any opinion would be great. Money is not a problem for me. Thanks in advance
devil_z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:35 PM   #2
5 Point 7
AF Regular

MONEY NO PROBLEM, well we can start modding cars together!! j/k, honestly if moneys no object, and you wanna have a blast doing it, and look so damn sexy, then TT your Z!! Trust me, you'll be very satisfied!
5 Point 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
Ninja Bait
AF Newbie

Re: 350z Twin Turbo vs. EVO MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Point 7
MONEY NO PROBLEM, well we can start modding cars together!! j/k, honestly if moneys no object, and you wanna have a blast doing it, and look so damn sexy, then TT your Z!! Trust me, you'll be very satisfied!
EVO's don't look cool. That alone should make you keep the Z.
Ninja Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #4
2003_350z_Touring
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 2003_350z_Touring

I couldn't agree more...if you want to drive an econobox...then get the Lancer...but if you want a sexy, incredibly fast and fun to drive car...then the twin turbo Z is the way to go..

SIde note: when asking this question in a 350z forum...it should be no surprise what answer you are going to get
2003_350z_Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #5
Ninja Bait
AF Newbie

hehe, I second that the Z is a hands down no brainer. Can you picture anyone comping an evo owner on how stylish his/her car is?..... it has never happened.
Ninja Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:13 PM   #6
350G
AF Regular

I have a few friends that want to get rid of their Evo after having one for about a year. I've seen a few modded Evos that look fairly good, but I just have a prob with the factory wing on the trunk . . .
350G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:08 PM   #7
TatII
AF Fanatic

just strolling around the forums and decided to chim in, a Twin turbo 350Z with the stock internals will make around 350whp. kinda little whp if you ask me for investing almost 8K for parts and labor.

the stock Big 16G on the EVO 8 will make 350 all whp and run mid to low 12's. a 350Z making 350whp only to the rear wheels will not stand a chance from a stop and will be about the same as it on the top end.

looks are subjective, i love hte way the Z looks, but i also like the EVO for what it is. you can get the EVO to be much much faster for a fraction of hte price.

since money is not an issue, then twin turbo the Z, it'll be different, and rare.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:33 AM   #8
hank_4g63t
AF Newbie

the 350 is hands down a better looker. if you want to turn everyones heads from 2 - 102 yrs of age keep the 350. However anyone who know about cars will have a lot of respect for you and your Evo.
Also it really depends on what you want. Mitsubishi is the Japanese king of straight lines, and Nissans a great in a line but, are awsome in the turns.
hank_4g63t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:56 PM   #9
altimaracer
AF Newbie

why?

why didnt n e one say n e thing about the little 3.5 engine beating the turbocharged 4 . i thought the 3.5 was quicker. guy who drives mustang gt said he beat a evo which the g35 lost to him by a headlight case in point g35 is quicker . please feeback
altimaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #10
<SSR>David
Banned

Evo MR vs a twin turboed 350z...o0
I don't know..I really like how the Evo looks always did, but the only reason why I didn't buy it was that it was four wheel drive...I am a rear wheel drive person. =) I personally think the 350z was faster than the EVO MR. I remember seeing a battle with these two cars in a DVD, can't remember which one it was, but the 350z was quicker. SO i guess when you turbocharge the 350z that already beat the EVO, I guess...350z will be quicker. I will try to look for the clip of the race that I mentioned.
<SSR>David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:16 PM   #11
jason_bet
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to jason_bet

Ok so I was just looking around AF and I saw this and I had to jump in... first off.. stock to stock.. the evo will kill the 350... and I read someone saying that stock internals on the 350 you can get about 350rwhp... On stock internals on the evo you can get safely 400awhp and upwords of 450awhp with water injection.. one of my good friends has a modded evo that had stock internals and ran a 12.2 1/4mile and thats up in the rockys.. around 5000ft elevation... and if you want to get into handleing... the evo will absolutly slotter the 350z! as far as looks go.. That is to each his own..
Jason
jason_bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
jon2472
AF Newbie

Okay so I see several dumb comments from people that don't really know much about 350Z's so I had to jump in . First off pretty much all Z's will get you in the 400 rwhp range depending on the twin turbo setup and tune on stock internals at only 8 psi. How much boost does the Evo have to run to make 400whp lol? APS I believe makes the best kit for the Vq35DE motor equiped Z's (03-06) since they use ball bearing turbos for quicker spool up and best hp gains on a Z with stock internals unlike Greddy's which uses the mitsubishi garbage. 350whp is around the ball park figure for a Z on a supercharger.

If you want to talk 07-08 Z's , a shop called Performance Factory has built a bolt on twin turbo kit that generates 504whp at only 10psi on stock internals.

One thing though is that the Evo can make hp quicker for less money than a Z . Since all you have to do is just a tune with a complete aftermarket exhaust and you're already making 70+ hp simply because Mitsubishi decided to cheap out on the engine but made sure to make up for it by throwing in an intercooler and small turbo on it.

For the original thread starter : If you want to get a car that can haul a lot of people (ex. you're married with children and refuse to get a minivan) then the evo is right for you. Mitsubishi made the evo 4 doors specifically for this type of consumer. Nissan made the Z non turbo from the factory specifically to avoid poor sales due to price since by default the Z must have a 6cyl engine , not a cheap 4cyl. The 6cyl + Twin turbo setup price is what killed off the last generation of the Z (300ZX)

If you want a car that has all the elements of a true sports car (2 seater , rear wheel drive, and plenty good power for starters, and panty dropping looks) then the Z is right for you, especially if money is not an obstacle. With a built motor and Twin Turbo setup you'll be looking at 800-900whp . If 400-500hp keeps you happy then a stock internal 07-08 Z twin turbo charged Z can still do that.

The Evo is all in all a great car , but it isnt a sports car, its a rally car.
Evo's looks = riced out turbo 4 door civic , Z's looks = Sleek and Sexy sports car. The Evo just has a lot of hype because of its success in time attack ...because it is awd. This is not to say that the Z's haven't beaten Evo's in time attack because they have. But having an awd car to build for these types of events where grip is crucial , it certainly makes it easier to have success with an awd car.

Here is an example of the hype behind the Evo ... if you havent seen bullrun on speed channel there were these two idiots with a modified evo. They came in last place on a timed dirt challenge vs a dodge dart (a 1970's rearwheel drive car) , and ended up destroying the car in the process of coming in last LOL. Watch those two idiots because that is exactly what type of crowd is behind the wheel in the evo community. People that read a lot of mags and think their 4door fast baby mover thats parked outside is a fully built track smoking terror hahaha.
jon2472 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe > Performance > Forced Induction