Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X5
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
malibumlk
AF Newbie

Did I fry my ECU??!!

'01 X3.0i auto;

This morning I was trying ton confioirm Peak code 7b (Thermostat map control) which as I understand, is related too the heating element of the main Thermostat (2 prong connector on top, just behind the top of the fan blade).

To check that I was getting power to the plug/heater element, I connected my volt meter to the 2 prongs in the plug/harness side and turned the key on while watching. The meter bleeped a bit but nothing, so I dicided to start the engine and see if that would bring the power up. No start.

It turns over but wouldn't start. Replugged the connetor - same. Checked all related fuses - OK. Disconnected the battery for an hour - same.

Any help on something like this??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
Worried
malibumlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
FishFind
One Hot Shot

Re: Did I fry my ECU??!!

I don't know much about your car but hope someone will help you soon.
FishFind is offline   Reply With Quote