Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
GeoRandy
AF Regular

Metro AC/Heater Blower Switch....need one

My switch is bad. I took it out and looked at it and cleaned it up and put it back in. The lever slides smoothly without stopping at the desired speed. Contact is made but the switch likes to pop up out of the assembly. I could use zip ties to keep it in, but like I said, it doesn't work properly anyway. I have looked everywhere in the searches and used parts links on the Geo Forum but can't find one.

Can anyone steer me to a blower switch that I can put in my Geo Metro '97, 1.0L, 3 cyl., base model with std. trans.?

Thanks,
GeoRandy

I need the switch/cover that is at the top of the picture, It pops in above the lever and is help by the 4 little clip rectangular holes coming up from the assembly.

Stole the picture from a different thread that DOCTORBILL had posted. Thanks DOCTORBILL.

Inside the switch there is a small spring and ball bearing about the size of a bb that causes the switch to "click". Spring and ball disappeared long ago. -- From a different thread. Does the spring and ball bearing come with the switch or is that a serarate item? Anybody know?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heater fan switch Geo Metro.jpg (58.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by GeoRandy; 10-13-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: added picture from another thread
GeoRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
HannabilRox
AF Newbie

Re: Metro AC/Heater Blower Switch....need one

There are ( 4 ) Pick-N-Pull salvage yards in the Dallas / Fort Worth area stocked with Metro's. There also is a U-Pull It in San Antonio. Not sure how close these are for you. Here is the weblink for Pick-N-Pull / U-Pull-It. You can check current inventory of cars now online here:

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.aspx
HannabilRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
carpenter_jai
AF Stunt Driver

If you do decide to pull a blower switch apart, be aware of the spring and ball bearing. You'll have a b**** time getting that back together. Try a little grease or vaseline to hold the bearing where you want it. Without the bearing, the switch will glide through the settings and won't easily land on the stops.

Jai
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
GeoRandy
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenter_jai View Post
If you do decide to pull a blower switch apart, be aware of the spring and ball bearing. You'll have a b**** time getting that back together. Try a little grease or vaseline to hold the bearing where you want it. Without the bearing, the switch will glide through the settings and won't easily land on the stops.

Jai
You mean, like it does now. I had already lost it before your advice. It doesn't bother me, the blower is still adjustable.
Thanks for the advice anyway. Next time I'll know, and who knows, maybe I'll fix it.
GeoRandy is offline   Reply With Quote