Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
SlammedCivicSedan
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SlammedCivicSedan Send a message via Yahoo to SlammedCivicSedan
clutch

hey i have a 89 civic dx and the clutch is going bad. what do i need to fix it and how much is it gonna cost?
when its in gear and you press the gas to hard it wont pick up and it just rev's!

Rattltrunk
Cardomain
2007 Mazda Mazda3
2003 Suzuki Aerio
rattltrunk@yahoo.com
SlammedCivicSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Yeah thats bad

Usually costs around 400-500 dollars for a competant shop to do it.
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 07:11 PM   #3
neunan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to neunan
make sure they check the flywheel the first time around because i really got f*ed over by a shop in my area for labor costs. and i think the labor was $400 for me and the parts were $250.
AEM cai * DC Sports cc 4-2-1 header * GReddy EVO catback* AEM trupower pullies * ACT HDSS clutch kit * ClutchMasters 8lb flywheel * NGK blue wires * 4 wheel Brembo slotted rotors with AEM pads * 4bidden Motorsports shortshifter
---
pioneer deh9300 * phoenix gold zero point wiring * blaupunkt pa2100 pushing diamond audio HEX 6.5 comps in front * blaupunkt pa275 pushing power acoustik fahrenheit 6x9s in back* 5" LCD TV * 8-bit original NES
neunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #4
neunan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to neunan
and in that above post i meant stock replacement parts, not the ACT i have in now
AEM cai * DC Sports cc 4-2-1 header * GReddy EVO catback* AEM trupower pullies * ACT HDSS clutch kit * ClutchMasters 8lb flywheel * NGK blue wires * 4 wheel Brembo slotted rotors with AEM pads * 4bidden Motorsports shortshifter
---
pioneer deh9300 * phoenix gold zero point wiring * blaupunkt pa2100 pushing diamond audio HEX 6.5 comps in front * blaupunkt pa275 pushing power acoustik fahrenheit 6x9s in back* 5" LCD TV * 8-bit original NES
neunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 07:33 PM   #5
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ssshhhh (_burn_)
while your shits taken apart you should replace your flywheel with a lightend one (unless you shift ultra slow daily driving. then itl suck cuz rpms fall faster) and replace any worn synchros.

do NOT get a solid hub any puck clutch for your street car if you want your tranny to last you. get a good stage 3 clutchmasters or somthing close to stock

6.7 @ 211mph whooping kubo's ass all over the track
ssshhhh (_burn_) is offline   Reply With Quote