Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 12:41 AM   #1
FirstCarDude
AF Newbie

First Car / NEED HELP

I'm here to get advice from you guys on what car to get for my first car. I know most people suggest getting cheap cars that don't use much petrol as their first cars but I have saved up a decent amount and actually want something nice. I have a 10k NZD limit which is about 7.5k USD. Though, I'd still like suggestions of decent cars ranging around the 5k limit as well as 10k.

Essentially I want something relatively fast, looks nice, fuel efficient and relatively spacious. I like the look of Mazda 3's (Axela) and 6's. I also like the look of Honda Accords. I really quite like the hatchback style of the Axela's. But most of this is purely off the look of the vehicle as I do not know what makes a car good.

So what do you guys recommend me getting and what things should I be aware of and be looking for when purchasing a car for the first time.

tldr; what car would you suggest for new driver to get, budget of 10k NZD (7.5k USD)
FirstCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:42 AM   #2
jasongraygits
AF Newbie

Re: First Car / NEED HELP

Go for Maserati. You will love it once you will get it
jasongraygits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:38 PM   #3
FirstCarDude
AF Newbie

Maserati's look too expensive. Anything else you could suggest?
FirstCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:18 PM   #4
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongraygits View Post
Go for Maserati. You will love it once you will get it
Have you lost your damn mind!? A Maserati on that budget... That is a premium brand that comes at a premium price. Even a decent used one would probably be at least 10 times the price this guy can afford. If you find a Maserati at $10k US, I can guarantee that you don't want it unless you're looking to do a seriously time consuming and expensive restoration project.

As for cars that actually fall in that price range that Infiniti seems like a good deal assuming it's in good condition. Another idea based on what you mentioned; you say you like the look of a Mazda 6, wait until you test drive one, you'll love it. If you want to take it a step further in the power department look for a Mazdaspeed 6. Same engine, but turbocharged for a resulting 270 horsepower and all wheel drive to put the power to the road more efficiently. If you do go that direction, I hope you like a manual transmission because I'm pretty sure that's the only option on the Mazdaspeed model.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:07 PM   #5
turbo 2gen
AF Newbie

your best option yet in my opinion is a toyota corolla honestly those cars are reliable they are resistant and spacious they also dont waist alot of petrol either
turbo 2gen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo 2gen For This Useful Post:
benadell100 (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 12:45 AM   #6
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo 2gen View Post
your best option yet in my opinion is a toyota corolla honestly those cars are reliable they are resistant and spacious they also dont waist alot of petrol either
Reliable and efficient, but boring and not even relatively fast.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General