Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
TV Addict??

Remember the days when there were three channels and like 10 series to follow and discuss with friends?? Well maybe you aren't old enough to go back that far, but with the 9,000,000 cable networks available its nearly impossible to find people that watch three of the same shows anymore.

So what are your current top three series? What show will throw you into a rage if its not on your DVR?? What show is in hiatus and you watch repeats just to get your fix??? For me its:

1) Luther
Seen on BBC, season 3 starts in August. Idris Elba as a London detective.
Wayyyy better than your cookie cutter cop drama. Effing excellent criminals and some really disturbing crimes that can make you uncomfortable in your own home. Only 10 episodes do far, but all very high quality. Best series I've seen since The Wire (my all time favorite)

2) The Walking Dead
Seen on AMC, season 3 finale was about a month ago. No big stars in the cast (our at least I've never heard of any of them) surviving in a world overrun by flesh eating zombies (walkers).
I've never been a fan of zombie BS cause its always so ridiculous, but this series is about the humans instead of all about slow-strolling dead guys. Great characters on this show. The main human antagonist REALLY makes you hate his guts! Interesting twists thrown in keep it from being a predictable story. Plus they have some excellent makeup artists making the walkers look truly disgusting and realistic.

3) Justified
Seen on FX, season 3 finale next week. Timothy Olyphant as a Kentucky Sheriffs Marshall.
Not as outstanding as Luther but there seasons of good writing, an interesting story line, characters with personality, and most importantly unpredictability.

So what had you tuned in every week??

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Re: TV Addict??

" Justified - Check !
Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

I have to thank my dad for putting me onto Justified. I saw the teasers during NBA games before the series premiered, saw it was a cop show seemingly set in the middle of Bumpkinville, and decided I would never like it. Pops sent me the Season 1 dvd set and I absolutely couldn't stop watching! Went through all of Season 1 in a day and a half then caught up to Season 2 with Netflix the next week. Gotta love that Boyd Crowder!!

If you like Justified and have a free hour, check out Ep1 of Luther On Demand or Netflix if you have it. You won't regret it.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
christina.campbell
AF Newbie

I don't have 3....just one..House.
christina.campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
ericn1300
AF Premium User

I just can't be bothered to follow a scheduled show, just so much going on in my life. With technology I can time shift programs but in the end when I have time to sit down and watch, it's not a series but a movie I've been wanting to see on netflix or hulu
ericn1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
00accord44
High on Potenuse

^Yeah theres definitely no time to watch all the shows that are supposedly great. If I don't DVR a show or its not available by Comcast On Demand (which can be a gamble) then I most likely will never see it. Still, theres really only time ot get in so many shows. I've been told that "you HAVE to watch" but have yet to catch:

Mad Men
Shameless
Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire
Modern Family
Spartacus
True Blood

...the list goes on

Old 04-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Yeah that Walton Coggins/ Boyd Crowder is a "hoot". Best show I've seen in a while. Olyphant is a producer of the show. Ya say that "Luther" show is on Netflix? I'll have to look for it when I'm on a slow nite. If it wasn't for DVR I probably wouldn't watch much at all.
When I was a kid we only had 13 channels in NYC. Today I've probably got 800 but I only watch about 13.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaP View Post
When I was a kid we only had 13 channels in NYC. Today I've probably got 800 but I only watch about 13.
Yeah my mom never got cable so I didn't have it til I moved out. I only watch 8-10 channels regularly, but they're all cable networks.

But yeah, I highly recommend Luther if youre in the market for a series to take up. I just warn you to proceed with caution if you can't take seeing some blood and violence occasionally. Both seasons are on netflix