Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Catera
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
paulg04
AF Newbie

I have a problem with my catera

I have a 2000 catera with these problems,
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, ABS, & TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT ON. THE SPEEDOMETER ALSO DOES NOT FUNCTION. WE COULD NOT RETRIEVE TRACTION CONTROL OR ABS CODES, BUT THE FOLLOWING CODES WERE RETREIVED FROM ECM, U2108-CAN BUS ERROR ABS, P1700-TRANS. F... Trouble codes: U2108 (can bus error abs), P1700 (transmission fault has occured), PO500 (vehicle speed sensor circuit). The Radeo will come on some times but goes off and when that happens the gas tank or trunk bottons wont work..
Has anyone had these problems and if so how did u fix it. thanks any info would be great my work phone is 661-816-6030.
paulg04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
83cutlass
AF Regular

Re: I have a problem with my catera

All your problems refer back to the EBTCM (electronic brake traction control module). The ECM can't communicate with it. The vehicle speed sensor the trans uses and the speedo uses comes from the EBTCM. So you need to check its connections for corrosion, power, ground, animal damage, etc. If everything checks out and looks normal you might need to replace the EBTCM.
83cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
paulg04
AF Newbie

Thank You for th info. One more thing were is this locatedon the car? A few times I washed the car with a power washer and the lights went off and every thing worked for a short time.
Also the radeo dont work and the fuel and truck bottons dont work either but some times the radeo will come on and when it does the bottons will work. crazy
i need some parts for my engine like the oil cooler and the steel lines that are connected to it, and the oil filter canister. The car was converted to external oil cooler and reg oil filter. I want to put it back stock. Thanks again.. 661-816-6030 cell
paulg04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
kantakuri

Interesting! Ihave a 1999 Catera. Took it for a wash and some problems started. power to radio will sometime not come on, and may come on or go out on it's own while driving. Also, the trunk release sometimes work or not, even when the trunk button inside vehile is pressed.
kantakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
paints
AF Newbie

i have a 2001 ford windstar keeps blowing fuse for speedometer,and overdrive, and air flow heat/air. i replaced oxygen senser. and it still does it. could mass airflow senser be dirty.
paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
lousberg
AF Newbie

my speedo and tach wouldnt work the stereo cut out when you turned it up i replaiced the (BCM) body controle module (GM# 90 494 163) located under the drivers side dash its a 2" x 4" light gray box push strait up and pull it out of corse disconect the wireing harness. everything worked after it was out kinda wierd. I put in a new one and everything works...
lousberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
wafrederick
Banned

The Cadillac Catera is a huge POS and most parts are getting obsolete.It is not made by Cadillac,made by Opel.Parts for these are expensive.I know a lady that has one,repairs are expensive on these and a tie rod for these is about $135.00 a piece
wafrederick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Catera