Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Catera
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
willrappold
AF Newbie

fan motors

have a 97 catera and the relay for the fan motors that helps keep the car cool went bad and the idiot we bought the car from hotwired the box the relay plugs into and burnt it out. so we had people put a jumper in so now the fan runs constantly. i know that the fan s normaly are only supposed to cut on at a certain temp and what my question is can someone who know what they are doing replace the relay box and put a new one in? i was also wondering if that relay helped run the external water pumps or if since the fan isn't runing like its supposed to it would mess those up because our heat sucks. Its just not that hot the car in winter fogs up quickly and the heat isnt enough to clear it a way. so have the pumps gone bad or the heater control valve or something else. Also with a leaking oil cooler could that have cloged up the pumps and if so can they be cleaned? Or do they only work during certain times too? sorry for the long question. thanks.
willrappold is offline   Reply With Quote