Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Catera
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
splaga
AF Newbie

help

My cateras abs and tc lights are on and speed domitor does not want to work can I unplug teh speed censor for now then will teh speedomitor work till I replace it?
splaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: help

You need to use spell check, no? Anyway if you unplug the speed sensor for the speedo of course it won't work, which it seems it does not now, so what would be accomplished, you need to get it fixed.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
spenser
AF Newbie

Re: help

It is the EBTCM computer part of the ABS system. They are b*tch to work on. I am trouble shooting the same problem on a 2000 Catera now. VSS sensors comunicates thru the ECTBM to the PCM. Here is a test procedure.

The U2108 is basically telling you that the Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module (EBTCM) is not communicating with the powertrain control module, or the transmission control module.

The very first thing we must do is verify that the fuses that power the ebtcm are not blown and that they are powered. At this point I would like you to verify that the fuse labeled ABS in the fuse block is not blown and that it is powered with the key in the on position.

I would also like you to verify that the fuse labeled V1 in the power distribution box is not burnt and that this is powered also. After this we need to move to the ebtcm to verify that you have voltage at pins 15,17,18 and that you have a ground at 19 and 16.

This would verify that the ebtcm is getting the proper voltage supplies to operate. The end result of this may possibly be a faulty ebtcm, but at this point we really need to check these items prior.
spenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
maxwedge
A990 racer

Cool Re: help

Well done Spencer, you certainly have high hopes for this situation.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
spenser
AF Newbie

Smile Re: help

Just tested the pinout on ebtcm on the 2000 catera I am working on. Following the proceedure I written above. (This is right from GM Tech support) Yes I have access to GM Tech. Power and ground are correct on all pins. Guess what EBTCM is bad. I am going to send it out for repair. Google modulemaster (one word).
spenser is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Catera