Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Enclave
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
Colt Hero
AF Regular

Enclave MPGs???

I'm considering purchasing a Traverse when it debuts this Fall, but I'm not believing the projected MPG ratings. The Traverse will weigh AT LEAST 500 lbs more than a Chevy Uplander minivan and AT LEAST 1000 lbs more than a Chevy Equinox, yet it's MPG rating is projected to be the same as both of them (17/24). Since the Traverse will be a "sister" vehicle of both the Buick Enclave, Saturn Outlook, and GMC Acadia, I was wondering if any Enclave owners out there could weigh in on their actual mileage numbers.

Are you getting 17 mpg city and 24 mpg highway, or is it better or worse than that?
Colt Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Carwhiz
AF Regular

Re: Enclave MPGs???

07 Enclave and I am getting exactly 17 strictly in town driving. On highway(not interstate) going 55-60 mph I have gotten as high as 27mpg. But it all depends on your driving habits.....heavy on throttle? or drive it like a buick.
Carwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Colt Hero
AF Regular

Thanks. You're the only one of the "sister" vehicles that has responded.

I guess that sounds encouraging. The new Traverse is supposed to have some engine improvements to increase the mileage (and the sister vehicles will also get this update). Wonder if that's just smoke and mirrors.
Colt Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #4
bocoogto
AF Regular

First tankful of gas in my new '09 FWD Enclave was 24.0 mpg. That was all highway, but averaging 70-78 mph. Now, with 900 miles on it, I'm getting around 21 mpg overall with 1/2 city, 1/2 country driving. If it's like any other cars I've had, highway mileage will improve from 24 mpg.

Not bad for this large a car!! It's the quietest, best engineered car I've ever had. Buy a Honda if you want, but it won't be anything like the Enclave. Buick did their homework and designed the quietest SUV as well as one of the best-looking.
bocoogto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
jtstein
AF Newbie

I've been very disappointed with my 2010 Enclave mileage. I am lucky to get 18mpg with mostly highway driving. Even on a trip from MN to FL it wasn't any better. In my previous vehicles I always got the rated highway mpg or better, so it's not my driving style. I believe the six speed automatic is BAD for mileage. It's always downshifting. You can be cruising at 55mph and just the slightest touch of the gas pedal will cause a downshift.
jtstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
maxwedge
A990 racer

I will ask some questions here, how many miles on the truck and how fast were you cruising at, is it awd and are you using e10?
Old 11-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
vcs107
AF Newbie

I completely agree with jtstein's comments. My wife and I purchased a New 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD and are only getting 18-19 on the highway when it was new (252miles) and now with almost 7K on the odometer there is no change in mileage, still 18-19mpg.
vcs107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Well, I will chime in here.....friend has an Acadia......complains about the mileage......19mpg, sometimes less......jumps on me, being a GM tech.......

Well, we have to take a 200 mile round trip to pick up his son.....I suggested we fill her up and reset the trip odometer to zero......and I drive, normally, not like his lead foot wife...

We get back home and fill her up again, at the same pump, the same way.....divided milage on the trip odometer by gallons on second fillup.......24.5 mpg.....

I said to him, this vehicle is made for the highway, not bumper to bumper traffic and the hills of this city, especially with his wife driving....and the vehicle is usually full of kids and whatever she is hauling......told him the EPA should hire his wife and kids to test their vehicles.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Enclave