Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
JayTheWinner2016
AF Newbie

Want the best car for my money

Hello, I'am a 21 year old male living in Florida and I'm looking for the best car for my money. My budget is around 6k-10k and I'm looking for a reliable that won't break down, will be good to explore and drive around my state (Florida) and will be economical with gas. I'm unfortunately not too knowledgeable about cars, and the different models but my friend who is very knowledgeable on the subject recommended me to get a Honda Accord or Civic. Right now this is what I'm going to look for. However I'm wondering if there is any other model that would be recommended based upon what I just told you . Any help would be appreciated thanks .
JayTheWinner2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
TopherTW
AF Newbie

Re: Want the best car for my money

I am in a similar boat and also in FL. I rented a Hyundai Sonata to go down South to Lauderdal and...I have to say...I LOVED it. Now understand I am driving a GMC Jimmy 2000 that has recently been possessed by several demons I think....the car is really acting up. So maybe it was just the comfort of being in a car with <10K miles..not sure. But the tip I keep hearing if you are BUYING (not renting) a car for that range and a little higher ($12K is where I'm at) is: DO NOT BUY BRAND NEW. These cars depreciate instantly. I was told to try and find one at around 2 yrs old And preferably under 20K miles. I also have been looking into car reviews and it seems like the Hyundai Sonata, Toyota Camery, Honda Civic, Kia Sorento and the Nissan Sentra were in that sweet spot (without a lot of bells and whistles). They hold their value well but at 12K$ they all seem like good cars overall and within reach.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes for you.
TopherTW is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A