Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Aston Martin > V8 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
Volken
AF Regular

Aston Martin - before I go...remember V8

I believed to never pronounce such demise of AM presently...but... Last true Aston Martin is surely Vantage Le Mans V8 (1999-2000) Most of the people from Bloxham and MP are now new Ford people with one task on mind MAKE MONEY!

AM never in its history generated profit as direction for its company. It was those enthusiast car owners (also share holders) that lifted the same in times of difficulty.

Vanquish engine is almost entirely Ford (Cosworth) team made with grace of AM signature.

Entire interior is made of Ford Mondeo switches, not to mention very suspicious aluminum look (savings) where wood was at premium. V8 is work of art from any angle of car creation.

Under 4 seconds for car that is heavy as Bentley or RR (2400) while only those that could fit fingers of one hand are almost 50% lighter is something to think about.

This is full 2+2 seater with real trunk and although no such thing exist... both capable of storm and yet very comfortable car. Petty, that only real to Fleming book-Bond Timothy Dalton, failed to take V8 for the last spin for his 3thd never seen Bond. Alas, history will remember virtue of real V8.

Last edited by Volken; 01-19-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Volken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Aston Martin has done a horrible job if their one priority is to make money.

The DB7 used a modified Jaguar XJS chassis, but the Vanquish has spawned the new DB9 and V8 Vantage.

Does Aston Martin back a new race car?

Yes.

A DBR9 won its class in the 53rd Annual 12 Hours of Sebring.

The interior of the Vanquish S has been improved over the original car. The central etched glass and backlit starter button is straight from the DB9. The centre console is now covered in leather instead of being painted.

Aston Martin got a new factory in 2003.

check here for the new V8 Vantage.

new V8 Vantage

check here for an inside look at Aston Martin.

Aston Martin

Last edited by Jaguar D-Type; 07-27-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:03 PM   #3
Luetic
AF Newbie

Question

was that in English?
Old 06-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #4
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Was what in English?
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #5
weezie23
AF Newbie

Re: Aston Martin - before I go...remember V8

hi, kinda new here.. haha.. hmmm.. i just watched the latest 007 movie.. and i love it..! i just don't like the way the car has been wrecked.. haha..
Old 06-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
mark glicker
AF Newbie

The Aston Martin. The dream of every kid growing up in the James Bond era.
mark glicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
AGordon678
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Aston Martin - before I go...remember V8

I have a 1989 Aston Martin Series 5. The best thing about this beautiful car is it was completely hand-made. There were only 405 of these cars built, so it truly is a classic and definitely a dream I had as a kid. Who doesn't wanna be James Bond!
AGordon678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
thanes1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volken View Post
I believed to never pronounce such demise of AM presently...but... Last true Aston Martin is surely Vantage Le Mans V8 (1999-2000) Most of the people from Bloxham and MP are now new Ford people with one task on mind MAKE MONEY!

AM never in its history generated profit as direction for its company. It was those enthusiast car owners (also share holders) that lifted the same in times of difficulty.

Vanquish engine is almost entirely Ford (Cosworth) team made with grace of AM signature.

Entire interior is made of Ford Mondeo switches, not to mention very suspicious aluminum look (savings) where wood was at premium. V8 is work of art from any angle of car creation.

Under 4 seconds for car that is heavy as Bentley or RR (2400) while only those that could fit fingers of one hand are almost 50% lighter is something to think about.

This is full 2+2 seater with real trunk and although no such thing exist... both capable of storm and yet very comfortable car. Petty, that only real to Fleming book-Bond Timothy Dalton, failed to take V8 for the last spin for his 3thd never seen Bond. Alas, history will remember virtue of real V8.
Really? I was considering buying one but if ford is involved forget that! I never trust (FORD - Found On Road Dead or their parts). Back to car shopping!
thanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #9
carbuilder2002
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to carbuilder2002

I had a late 1983 V8 Vantage it had only had one other owner and he had spent a kings ransom on it. Best car I have ever owned never missed a beat even when I had to drive it through quite a severe winter due to my regular daily driver being crushed by an articulated lorry. Amazingly traction was excellent despite the high state of tune. Sadly missed as had to sell it when I got married. They are now worth a bloody fortune I sold mine for £16,000, 2 owners with full service record
carbuilder2002 is offline   Reply With Quote