Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > AF News
AF News Find out what's happening here at AutomotiveForums.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #16
asaenz
Sketch Guy

Re: Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make North American Road Racing Series Debut in SPEED GT

WOW! love the color scheme esp. the eyes.
I hope it goes well. The vipers and CTS are tough comp. It will be cool to see a Skyline race. I will see it at Road ATL....hee hee

I aggree w/ a lot of what Layla's Keeper says but you know what being an under dog is great.

Go win a race.

PS: Read, "Unleash the Warrior Within" by Richard J. Machowicz (ex Navy SEAL) He has something to say about overcomming odds and adversity. Check reviews at Amazon
Old 02-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #17
UniqueSE-R
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make North American Road Racing Series Debut in SPEED GT

nice sheme, good luck
UniqueSE-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:34 AM   #18
R33BusaMan
AF Newbie

Hey guys are you being allowed to keep ur All Wheel Drive?? If this car is anywhere near the build avail to the JGTC cars.... its all going to be on the driver... I saw the JGTC 500 horsepower "limited" 350z in California... and saw the GT300 class cars KILL the Viper that was "allowed" to race. You guys are bringing to the table EXACTLY what this car over 15 years ago was intented...kill the competition on a road course... GTR was never MENT to be a drag racer.. I'm thinking once Igor understands the chess match happening on the track, and Sean and the boys keep the oil where it needs to be IE- rod bearings!-ugh! LOL. Sean did you get to "steal" the idea of the oil pick up from the gt500 motor you pulled apart??
This car is going to be the biggest thing to happen to american road racing since the tire...lol. You guys need help in the pits and I'll send Scott-Joule and his knowledge to you... I've road raced motorcycles most my life, so I'll be forced to stay at the shop and keep the parts comin in and out, and make sure the techs don't stand around jerkin off....LOL.
Hans
R33BusaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #19
1993LUMINATOR
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to 1993LUMINATOR

bull crap california caint north america north america is only canada (in my books) and we'v had that kind here for quiet awhile theres currently about 30 on our roads you cant register them but you can have them under deal plates quiet fun.

BRad
1993LUMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #20
Damien
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Damien Send a message via MSN to Damien

MAN! And i moved away fro fla! I gotta find a way back down there. sweet colors and design, all flows very nice.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #21
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Speed World Challenge has no rule disallowing AWD, R33BusaMan. However, only the Audi RS6 has been able to employ AWD with any success on track.

The JGTC is hardly a gauge of production-based sports car racing. Serious road racing fans refer to it as "Japan's NASCAR" for good reason. It is highly unlikely that this Skyline GTR will "kill" the factory Autohaus Viper driven by Tommy Archer (you know, 2 time SWC GT champion and American Viper expert Tommy Archer).

I do think that the Woodhouse and McCann Viper teams will have a look back over their shoulders at this car, as will Stu Hayner's GTO and the new Aston Martin DBSR9's. However, factory teams like Autohaus or the Pratt&Miller Caddys are a whole different animal.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #22
tyndago
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tyndago

Quote:
Originally Posted by R33BusaMan
Hey guys are you being allowed to keep ur All Wheel Drive?? If this car is anywhere near the build avail to the JGTC cars....
Hans
The cars are N1 ex- Super Taikyu cars. Nothing at all like GT500 or GT300 cars. GT500 cars are mostly tube frame ,carbon fiber bodied cars. Not much of the stock cars left.

The cars we are running are very close to a street car. The motor I took apart with the swining oil pickup was one of the Super Taikyu engines. One of the engines from these cars. The engines we are running are Nismo built and Nismo tuned.
http://www.gtrusablog.com
tyndago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #23
Domiken
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Domiken

Igor you lucky bastard! Represent Nissan to the fullest my friend and congratulations!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #24
blackbob
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to blackbob Send a message via AIM to blackbob Send a message via MSN to blackbob Send a message via Yahoo to blackbob

That car is the sex !!!
blackbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #25
Pink
AF Newbie

Well I for one wish Igor massive luck in his quest... what an awsomely suberb car!

Good luck Igor! I doubt you're passing Poole in the UK so I wont see you but I shall be cheering from afar
Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #26
Mustang-man
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Mustang-man

Awesome! And i have to say that, that is one of the best paint schemes i have ever seen on a Skyline!

Best of luck, and if at first you don't succeed, try, then try again!
Mustang-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #27
freakmech
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakmech

Awesome... its official! Hope to see you at Sebring! I be in touch when plans materialize!

freakmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #28
darkness
AF Fanatic

Lovin the paint job.

Anyways to you boys from me and everyone at www.skylinesdownunder.com, we wish you the best of luck.

might have to upgrade my cable connection to see if ESPN will ever show the races.
"Have you seen Star Wars? The Darkness is the Force on crack"
darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:54 PM   #29
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

^^ its the SPEED world challenge if ESPN is coveraging it somthing Majorly wrong. Speed own by fox espn owned by turner or party i believe.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #30
darkness
AF Fanatic

Ok my bad, I'm in New Zealand, wasn't sure.
"Have you seen Star Wars? The Darkness is the Force on crack"
darkness is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > AF News