Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #16
raymarquise
AF Newbie

The vehicle idles fine in park, so I guess my idle air control circuit is OK. Anyone knows what the shift solenoid B does?? Can this be related??? When I shift into gear, which circuit takes over from the idle air control circuit??
raymarquise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #17
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: 95 Tsp stalling

Shift solenoids are in the transmission and alter oil passages to modulate shift points.
At neutral, park, rev and 1st: both are ENERGIZED
2n gear: A off, B on
3rd gear: A off B off
4th gear:A on B off
IAC is controlled at all times by the Powertrain COntrol MOdule. www.avigex.ca/xport/fuelinjection.jpg
Old 01-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #18
raymarquise
AF Newbie

So far, since changing plug wires, the rpm drop going into drive has mostly disappeared. I find if I do NOT warm the engine up properly, the engine hiccups (hesitation) are almost guaranteed to occur. However, if the engine is warmed up until the rpm drops to normal idle speed, the hiccups are not as noticeable - still there, but very intermittent. Sometimes when it happens, I can smell gas.
LMP, I noticed in another post you said you wired a resistor to your temp sensor to lean the mixture - I would like to try that - I think the engine is flooding. Please, could you give me the details?? email: chinelane2@yahoo.ca
Thanks .....
Old 01-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #19
raymarquise
AF Newbie

ps to above: Also, if there is a method to test the coolant temp circuit I would appreciate getting it from you. With only ONE wire, I cannot figure it out, nor how to wire the resistor in parallel.

Thanks again.

Last edited by raymarquise; 01-07-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 AM   #20
raymarquise
AF Newbie

I drove the van with the MAF disconnected. I had to keep my foot on the gas because it won't idle, it stalls. But once I start moving, everything is fine - the engine does not stutter or miss. Since the MAF has been changed, should I take it that the problem lies in the MAF electrical circuit??
Old 01-16-2006, 08:33 AM   #21
LMP
AF Enthusiast

The 2.2k resistor I added is shown in this diagram:
www.avigex.ca/xport/enginesensors.jpg
I ran the wires inside to a switch I installed under the dash.

It has influence on the fuel mixture only when engine is very cold: tells the computer coolant temperature is around 80°F. As soon as engine gets warmer, the sensor totally overwhelms the added resistor as the thermistor gets under 200 ohms. At very low temps, sensor value is around 10000 ohms, thus the 2200 ohms resistor is dominant over the thermistor.

The leaning effect is such that at very low temperatures, if the resistor is switched in, the engine would simply not start. That is why I start the engine with resistor out, and after 30 sec or so, I can switch the resistor in. IN summer, it has no effect.

DO not forget: there are 2 temperature sensors: one (with one wire only, ground is through sensor body) is for instrument, the other (2 wires) is for the computer...
Old 01-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #22
raymarquise
AF Newbie

Thanks LMP
Old 01-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #23
raymarquise
AF Newbie

The van finally set a code: po101. From what I have found, it means MAF sensor performance. Can anyone with a service manual help me troubleshoot this ???
Thanks.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #24
raymarquise
AF Newbie

I changed a leaking exhaust manifold, and so far for over three months the problems are gone. Thanks to everyone who helped.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport