Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
broastedchicken
AF Newbie

Arrow A few minor, but annoying issues...

First of all, thank you to anyone who can share a little of their wisdom with me. I have worked in the auto industry for 5 years, and am very familiar with late model domestics, but this vehicle (95 Rodeo 2wd V6) is a little foreign to me. I just picked it up last week, and it runs, shifts, and drives great. It has 242k miles on it!!! (I only paid 1k, no body damage)

Anyway, I have a few minor issues I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen before:

1. Power locks - Passenger Front lock opens automatically but won't close
2. Dash lights - Is there a bulb behind the heater and a/c controls? How to access?
3. Spare Tire Carrier - latch seems to be seized? Lever will not release it, and seems to just sort of slide off the part where it contacts the latch release
4. Washer Fluid - bad pump motor?
5. Cupholder - I have read there is an aftermarket solution, which replaces the ashtray...anyone know where to get these?
6. Squeak - seems to be a squeak in the front somewhere, but I don't notice it from the exterior when I bounce the car up and down...
7. Trans - don't really have a problem here, but it doesn't seem to like shifting between 1st and 2nd, sometimes its a bit delayed and then clunky. Is this normal?

Once again, thank you to anyone who has dealt with any of these issues before. Nothing is more valuable than experience!!!
broastedchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
FL 3.2L
AF Enthusiast

Re: A few minor, but annoying issues...

4. Super easy and $25 to change the pump motor. Get the Isuzu part to avoid any wire splicing.
6. My squeak up front is due to the grill clips moving in their recesses.
7. Check the trans fluid level. Has the trans ever been serviced? If not, drop the pan, clean the pan and magnet, replace the filter and gasket, and refill.
'02 VW Cabrio 70K
'03 E46 107K
FL 3.2L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
chaswe75
AF Newbie

I just replaced the bulb behind the climate control unit. You have to take the whole trim bezel off and get access to some kind of hard to get to screws holding the unit in. Not to hateful, it takes those tiny 1/8 in. wide bulbs. You might replace the instrument cluster (4 watt peanut bulbs) while you have it torn apart. I went ahead and did them all with 1 instr. cluster and the climate control bulbs out. I found a two-cup holder at a parts store that I cut to fit the arm rest/cd holder.

Last edited by chaswe75; 11-11-2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: edit
chaswe75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
RicartParts.com
AF Newbie

(1) door lock actuator has a rod connected to a clip , may have broke or slipped off.
(3) must be a gate mounted spare tire ? Latch is one complete unit and may need cleaned or replaced.
(4)that is correct , some aftermarket pumps will need wire spliced , not much to the wiper sustem , very easy.
(7) this a\t has a control unit , or try some good trans additive like "bg"
RicartParts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Bubba_in_ky
AF Newbie

5. I bought an aftermarket cup holder that fit between the console and the gear shift island. I mounted it with 2 SS Self drilling screws. Problem solved. 2 cup holder and a place to put my cell phone.
Bubba_in_ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
anthonyn
AF Regular

6. Squeak. Check round rubber hood stops. Rotate them to back them out some so they make a better seal when hood is closed.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
GeekDriverz
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broastedchicken View Post
First of all, thank you to anyone who can share a little of their wisdom with me. I have worked in the auto industry for 5 years, and am very familiar with late model domestics, but this vehicle (95 Rodeo 2wd V6) is a little foreign to me. I just picked it up last week, and it runs, shifts, and drives great. It has 242k hid kits miles on it!!! (I only paid 1k, no body damage)

Anyway, I have a few minor issues I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen before:

1. Power locks - Passenger Front lock opens automatically but won't close
2. Dash lights - Is there a bulb behind the heater and a/c controls? How to access?
3. Spare Tire Carrier - latch seems to be seized? Lever will not release it, and seems to just sort of slide off the part where it contacts the latch release
4. Washer Fluid - bad pump motor?
5. Cupholder - I have read there is an aftermarket solution, which replaces the ashtray...anyone know where to get these?
6. Squeak - seems to be a squeak in the front somewhere, but I don't notice it from the exterior when I bounce the car up and down...
7. Trans - don't really have a problem here, but it doesn't seem to like shifting between 1st and 2nd, sometimes its a bit delayed and then clunky. Is this normal?

Once again, thank you to anyone who has dealt with any of these issues before. Nothing is more valuable than experience!!!
Number one sounds annoying as hell.
GeekDriverz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD