Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What is Better
MUSTANG GT 20 29.41%
CAMARO Z28 48 70.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 11:49 AM   #91
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jay2002WS6
Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangvette1
Yes, the mustang gt will get beat by the camaro Z28, the camaro ss, and the transam. But the gt is NOT the best comparison for these gm muscle cars! The mach 1 is! The mach 1 can run low 13s, which is pretty good for a 29k car. Besides, the 2003 cobra would blow the frickin doors off of any camaro or transam ever made!
You are the first of many posts I must disagree with.

The GT may not be the best COMPARISON or closest MATCH-UP to the LS1 f-bodies, but the GT WITHOUT QUESTION was the car which Ford used to compete with the Z28. Period. Just because it got its doors blown off, doesn't mean you can change the rules to make your argument more convenient for you. How you can say that a car built a year after the CAMARO WAS CANCELED was supposed to compete with it is beyond normal logical thinking.

Even if you want to compare the Mach 1 to the Z28, here is how they matchup.

Mach 1 = low 13's with a truly amazing driver. You'll see them run around 13.5 much more often.

Z28's = high 12's with a truly amazing driver. You'll see them run around 13.1 - 13.4 much more often.

2003 Cobra will not blow the doors off of any f-body ever made. Perhaps you have heard of the Berger SS, or the Firebird Blackbird. 2003 Cobra fails compared to these cars. Indeed they are much more limited production, and they are a higher price, but you ought to know that the 2003 Cobra WILL NOT beat "every" f-body ever made.

Here is how a 2003 Cobra stacks up against my 2002 WS6:
MSRP on the Cobra = about $35K. MSRP on my 2002 WS6 = $31K. After $3K in modifications made to my WS6, I will be running in the neighborhood of 12.7 -- fender to fender with the '03 Cobra... for $1K less, and I will still be N/A.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:52 AM   #92
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by All this Crap
Who stopped Chevy from producing Camaros? answer that for me, it's not Fords fault that they did. Mustangs DO look better and PWN did mention the older Cobras...
How the hell does that have anything to do with anything in this thread?
Old 08-26-2003, 11:53 AM   #93
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
I've been saying that from the start.
Mach I with Drag radials is capable of high 12's, but completely stock low 13's like you said.
Yeah the new cobra will smack the crap out of it, but look at the price difference...

This is Mustang GT vs. Camaro Z28. (I got that from the thread title)

Stop making excuses because the Z28 is the superior car.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:59 AM   #94
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by intox
The Stang GT verse a z28, ||the Z28||

Transam WS6 verse Cobra R ||Cobra R||
You have got to be shitting me.

So now a WS6 vs. Cobra R is a fair comparison?

Go put the crackpipe down and take a nap.

If you want to reference the Cobra R, then I might as well show you the GMMG Camaro ZL1 Supercar. C5-R LS6 engine, 600 HP.

In 2002, the last year that f-bodies were produced, they stacked up against the Mustang like this.

Z28 and Formula/Trans Am = Mustang GT
Camaro SS and Trans Am WS6 = Mustang Cobra.

There is no debate about this.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:05 PM   #95
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Guys...

I like Mustangs. I like American Muscle... its tradition and heritage is unmatched by any whiney-soundind rice rocket.

We are indeed on the same side.

While a little friendly rivalry is good, and healthy... you still must formulate your arguments based on facts, and logical, rational thought processes.

I am glad the Mustang is still around. I hope one day, the Camaro returns. Until then, I will be pulling for a Mustang to win EVERY race there is with a rice rocket. The 2003 Cobra is an amazing machine... and I really can't wait until the next generation Mustang comes out.

Long live V8 rumble and American muscle.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:52 PM   #96
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2002WS6
This is Mustang GT vs. Camaro Z28. (I got that from the thread title)

Stop making excuses because the Z28 is the superior car.
If you look at the post I replied too, it might make sense. I agree that FORD made the GT to combat the Z28, but our point is that it's such a dumb comparison it shouldn't be compared. I mean look, a 260 HP car VS a underrated 310 + more torque? Umm, duh.
We are saying that the Mach (or older Cobra)is a much closer contender, speed wise. The GT VS Z28 was a dumb comparison in the first place.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:40 PM   #97
stangvette1
Banned

The cobra will blow the frickin doors off a camaro ss or transam!!!!! Someone brought up the LT1. How about the boss concept about 5-10 years ago. That think went 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. The transam has ~340 horsepower compared to the 400+ hp cobra. The cobra is better!!! The only GM product as fast as the cobra is the Z06!!!
Old 08-29-2003, 08:51 PM   #98
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
The cobra will blow the frickin doors off a camaro ss or transam!!!!! Someone brought up the LT1. How about the boss concept about 5-10 years ago. That think went 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. The transam has ~340 horsepower compared to the 400+ hp cobra. The cobra is better!!! The only GM product as fast as the cobra is the Z06!!!
I said the OLDER cobra. Meaning the 96-98 ones with 305 HP, non-supercharged. Of course the new SVT will blow the doors off an SS, the Cobra was designed to combat the Z06-NOT a camaro or T/A. And it fails, miserably. But of course the price difference of the Z06 makes getting the SVT Cobra so worth buying it. Because the price difference is like 8k, so put 8K into the Cobra and it will smoke a Z06.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:36 PM   #99
fastchevylover
AF Newbie

camaro

Its all about the camaro!!! Mustang Sucks!! All Ford SUX!!!
i have a 74 camaro automatic 3 spd. and i pull off mustang gt all the time! i don't reallt even need to get on it to much. talk about gas milage! if you where worried about gas milage you wouldn't be driving a fuckin muscle car. the z28 350 is pullin 330 horses 380 torque stock..... mustang? 305? not even, the block is only a 305. it all about the chevy! chevy will always rule on ANY FORD.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:04 AM   #100
crayzayjay
CFA

My what an intelligent post
Old 09-01-2003, 10:12 AM   #101
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Re: camaro

The most ignorant post gets the first response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastchevylover
Its all about the camaro!!! Mustang Sucks!! All Ford SUX!!!
All Fords do not suck.

Quote:
i have a 74 camaro automatic 3 spd. and i pull off mustang gt all the time! i don't reallt even need to get on it to much.
You're lying.

Quote:
talk about gas milage! if you where worried about gas milage you wouldn't be driving a fuckin muscle car. the z28 350 is pullin 330 horses 380 torque stock..... mustang? 305? not even, the block is only a 305.
The Mustang block nowadays is a 4.6 liter... roughly 281. The older fox-bodies had the 5 liter, which was a 302. The z28 is a 346, and pumps out about 340 HP stock.

Quote:
it all about the chevy! chevy will always rule on ANY FORD.
No... it won't. Not as long as ignorant people like you hold your close-minded and uneducated opinions -- then come onto a legitimate threads and spread your bullshit by speaking in sentence fragments with 12-year-old grammar skills.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:26 AM   #102
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Quote:
The cobra will blow the frickin doors off a camaro ss or transam!!!!!
This is true. However... the SVT Cobra you are referring to is a 2003 model. There is no 2003 f-body. I have been down this road before... you cannot say that Ford introduced the 2003 Cobra to smoke the WS6 or SS. The Ford did what they did to the Cobra to make it uber-bad-ass. And it is.

Quote:
Someone brought up the LT1. How about the boss concept about 5-10 years ago. That think went 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.
What the hell does the LT1 have anything to do with anything? The LT1 is inferior to the LS1 in stock trim. You speak of it here as if it were something sent from God.

The Boss Concept? Apparently "concept" means nothing to you. To me, "concept" means "not produced" or "not yet produced." In other words... concepts are always sweet, so to compare them to a production car is living in a fan-boy dream world.

Quote:
The transam has ~340 horsepower compared to the 400+ hp cobra. The cobra is better!!!
The name of this thread = "Mustang GT vs. Camaro Z28"
You are in the wrong thread.

Quote:
The only GM product as fast as the cobra is the Z06!!!
Actually, the C5 Corvette (12.7 @ 111 stock) is as fast (or faster) as the Cobra.
The Z06 is in a whole nother world from the Cobra. There is no comparison.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:35 AM   #103
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Quote:
I said the OLDER cobra. Meaning the 96-98 ones with 305 HP, non-supercharged. Of course the new SVT will blow the doors off an SS,
True.

Quote:
the Cobra was designed to combat the Z06-NOT a camaro or T/A.
You had a good thing going until you said that. The Mustang is NOT in the same class as any Corvette... its performance might be similar. But it is a pony/muscle car... not a GT like the Corvette.

Quote:
And it fails, miserably. But of course the price difference of the Z06 makes getting the SVT Cobra so worth buying it. Because the price difference is like 8k, so put 8K into the Cobra and it will smoke a Z06.
Well... put about $20K into a Civic and you will have a car that can smoke BOTH, and cost less than both. That doesn't make it better.

By the way... the price difference from a Cobra to a Z06 is more than $8K.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:46 PM   #104
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2002WS6
You had a good thing going until you said that. The Mustang is NOT in the same class as any Corvette... its performance might be similar. But it is a pony/muscle car... not a GT like the Corvette.

By the way... the price difference from a Cobra to a Z06 is more than $8K.
Well what do you think Ford made to combat the Z06? Why did Ford make the Cobra? If the Cobra was not made to combat the Z06, than why does everybody compare them? Including TV shows?

Well I was going to say 10, but I thought I would just play it safe so someone doesn't flame me for not knowing the exact difference in price.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:05 AM   #105
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Well what do you think Ford made to combat the Z06? Why did Ford make the Cobra? If the Cobra was not made to combat the Z06, than why does everybody compare them? Including TV shows?

Well I was going to say 10, but I thought I would just play it safe so someone doesn't flame me for not knowing the exact difference in price.
I don't think Ford has anything that is meant to directly challenege the Z06.

I have seen magazine comparo's of a regular C5 and a SVT Cobra (the C5 still won by the way) ... but I have never seen a Z06 vs. SVT comparo. And I am glad, because I would immediately lose respect for any publication who would do such a ridiculous comparison. The two cars have nothing to do with each other.

Even the Cobra vs. C5 Corvette is still a little weird. Their performance numbers may be similar... but so are a Corvette and a CL 55 AMG... just because cars perform similarly, doesn't mean they are directly comparable. The Corvette is a 2 seater sports/GT car... and the Mustang is a 4 seater pony/muscle car.

MSRP on a Z06 is roughly $54 K
MSRP on a SVT Cobra is roughly $36K