Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 08:21 PM   #1
perndog1
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to perndog1
junkyard treasure!

hey guys!

Came across a couple crx's and 4 doors and a hatch at the local junkyard, man about 6-8 hondas 88-91 most in awesome condition for ripping into. Most of the really good stuff i wanted for my standard edition, couldnt find a working cluster or good seats and center console they were all taken but everything else is still there. I have a 90 civic hatch "standard model", just to make that clear. What can I take off these baby's I need more "si" parts for my car. I already plan on the rear disc off the CRX'S and front disc conversion of the 4 doors. Name some other things i can gain off these cars.

sincerely: Ian
perndog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 09:25 PM   #2
1990civic
AF Enthusiast

get an SI Engine!!!! You Will Go From 70 horsepower, to 110 horsepower!!!
1990civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 09:33 PM   #3
perndog1
AF Regular

ya I would of done that in the first place if I needed a SI but I have a ZC swap in my civic so I was just asking about Any goodies that would fit my car that would be cool to throw on MY "Standard" Hatch. SO give me some info.

Ian
Old 09-23-2002, 09:37 PM   #4
EFsleeper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EFsleeper
Do what I do, keep your std light. My std kills SIs with B16s on a regular basis. power to weight ratio is where its at.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:06 PM   #5
perndog1
AF Regular

ya your right about that one, keep it light. But i want the things that help performance like the brakes rear disc and on the lx sedan the larger front rotor system. I do need the center console and mabey the cluster. Forget seats iam getting mine fixed. any more info.

ian
Old 09-23-2002, 10:43 PM   #6
gunnmen01
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gunnmen01 Send a message via Yahoo to gunnmen01
Isn't it just the EX's that have the larger front brakes? I could be wrong though...

gunnmen01
Old 09-23-2002, 11:58 PM   #7
1990civic
AF Enthusiast

I Would Get The SI Front, And Rear Seats!!!!!
1990civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 08:45 AM   #8
sastanley
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sastanley Send a message via Yahoo to sastanley
Quote:
Originally posted by gunnmen01
Isn't it just the EX's that have the larger front brakes? I could be wrong though...

gunnmen01
Yes...only the EX has "big brakes" in the front..It is the same as the 90-93 Integra front brakes..you need 14" wheels for those too.
Where is Vinton? I am looking for things like the cruise control system ripped from an LX or EX
DOHC ZC, I,H,E, urethane bushings and mount inserts, rock chipped hood, some rust, stock steelies, nice comfy Integra seats, and the A/C works! What else could you want from an 18 year old car with 241,000 miles? Working on getting the Si tranny in now
sastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 11:09 AM   #9
perndog1
AF Regular

well hell man I need 14 inch wheels for the front conversion disc that sux. Oh well I guess that will have to wait. Well Vinton is 2 min out of Roanoke so it isnt too hard to find Vinton. I will have to ride down there and take a look again and see what I can find, I know a LX just arrived there a week ago and I think it has cruise control on it i have to look again. Well thanks for that tid bit of info, I would of been stupid enough to get the wrong brake system. sastanley I will check and see if it has cruise control on any of the other cars for you wednesday I'm going down there anyway.

ian
Old 09-24-2002, 12:23 PM   #10
sastanley
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sastanley Send a message via Yahoo to sastanley
Hey dude..thanks...if you find it let me know.. - I might make a trip down there. It is probably an all day project to remove all the parts. I haven't been to my local junkyards recently, but I am compiling my list. Hondas (especially 4th gen Civis) are not real common, but some show up from time to time...although usually wrecked and somtimes useless.

FYI on brakes and wheels - the EX sedan HAS 14" wheels..if you find an EX get the wheels too. Most wreckers sell those for $20-30 each. The 90-93 Integras (RS) have 14" steelies too and the same front brakes as the EX, AND they have rear discs too, which the EX sedan does not. I am 95% sure the rear discs on 90-93 Integras are the same as what is found on 91 CRX Si's, which is the ONLY 4th gens to come with rear disc brakes from the factory.
DOHC ZC, I,H,E, urethane bushings and mount inserts, rock chipped hood, some rust, stock steelies, nice comfy Integra seats, and the A/C works! What else could you want from an 18 year old car with 241,000 miles? Working on getting the Si tranny in now
sastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 02:43 PM   #11
travis_118
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to travis_118
take the glove box, it have cloth in it.
taek the sun visors, they are cloth,
taek the rear dome ligh that is in the hatch
take the door panles, they have cloth on em
take the clock in the cente heater vents
take the passenger mirror, the std doesnt come with one
take the rear cargo cover

thats all i can think of right now....

as marked001 says Don't click here
travis_118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:19 PM   #12
91hybridDX
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 91hybridDX Send a message via Yahoo to 91hybridDX
get the red center tail light peice, or the painted bumpers off of a si hatch....all i can think of

Travis
Old 09-24-2002, 09:46 PM   #13
perndog1
AF Regular

Well wholey shit Now that is what i call help right there, Thanks guys iam gonna print this shit out look for the cruise control pieces and all those parts you just mentioned. Well damn the Hatch is a damn si wholey shit it has all those cloth pieces on it besides the hatch it is gone . Would the CRX center tail piece fit a Hatch because I might be wrong But i remember them being red if not oh well. I NEED THOSE DOOR PANELS DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THEM WITHOUT BREAKING THEM, THAT WOULD BE A MAJOR HELP IF SOMEONE COULD HELP WITH THAT . When i tried i heard shit starting to crack and pop if you know what i mean. Thanks guys you are a major help

Sincerely:Ian
Old 09-24-2002, 10:18 PM   #14
ci5ic
worlds tallest midget

Removing the door panels:
1.) Remove the speaker grills (2 phillips screws, then use a flathead screwdriver to pry the grill out, there are 2 tabs on the top and bottom edges of the grill that help hold it in place).
2.) Remove the pull handle cups - the ones you use to pull the door closed. (1 phillips screw)
3.) Remove the door handle housings - the plastic piece that the inside door handles sit in (1 phillips screw, pull handle towards you to get at it).
4.) Should be some phillips head screws at the bottom edge of the door, you only need to remove one of them, the others are for the door-mounted seatbelts (if applicable).
5.) There should be one other phillips head screw on the rear edge of the door panel, kinda inside the door jam.
6.) Remove the window crank. Pull the crank away from the door, and when you look between the crank and the door, you should be able to see a metal clip (kinda like a cotter pin) that holds it onto the spindle. Using a putty knife or thin flathead screwdriver, push the pin off, and the crank can then be pulled off of the spindle.
7.) Starting at the bottom edge of the door, pull the panel away from the door frame, you will hear some popping noises, that's just the little clips coming loose, no biggie.
8.) Once all the clips are loose, you should be able to lift the door panel upwards and towards the rear edge of the door. The window weather stripping is what holds it to the top edge of the door, just lifts out.
9.) If there are door-mounted seat-belts, you will have to remove the plastic cover that goes over the hole that the seat-belt goes through in the top edge of the door. It should just pop out.
10.) To get the seatbelt out from the door, if you look inside the weather stripping, you will see a small black plastic philips head screw. Remove the screw, and pull the plastic clip that it screws into out (be carefull not to bend the weather stripping, it will crease). Once that screw/clip retainer is removed, you will be able to slide the seatbelt out of the panel, you'll see what I mean.
11.) On the bottom edge of the door, you will probably have to remove a screw from the seat-belt retaining arm, it will then swivel out of the way, and then the panel is completely free of the car.

Sounds complicated, but it's easy if you just look at everything.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:44 PM   #15
perndog1
AF Regular

hey man thanks for the info on the door panel's, I really needed that info. sastanley I went to the junkyard today and looked at, at least 9 diffrent 4th gen's 4 doors crx's and 1 hatch and 2 of them had cruise but someone got to them before me it was all removed Sorry dude i looked all over teh junkyard and found 2 more 4 doors and they didnt have it either. Thats pretty much it on that issue i went to two junk yards and didnt find jack at the 2 one, all they had was a massive amount of 94-2000 model civic's.

ian

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee