Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 46 44.23%
RSX type S 58 55.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 08:57 AM   #61
CaptainRSX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CaptainRSX
benjamins

17 thousand dollars... i inherited my uncles unmortgaged estate and sold it recently. I just bought an rsx but i dont know much about cars. i brought it in to schmidt's in st cloud and told them i had a shitload of money and wanted to max the car out... he showed me lots of things like the difference btw turbos and supers and tires and stuff. anyway my younger brother is kind of obsessed with this stuff so i thought it would be cool to soup it up so i spent overall about 26,000 extra on it. it looks nice. i just got this kodak camera and the people at walmart showed me how to use it i'll have a pic up soon.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:09 AM   #62
CaptainRSX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CaptainRSX
they also said it was so nice that i could enter it at this big race in minneapolis and they would have a guy from the store drive it. so i said yes and they had it all decorated and stuff. pics are coming.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:36 AM   #63
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Quote:
Originally posted by Drifter To Be
hmm...
Really? I didn't know that...
Sorry but I still believe that Honda cars are better.
and I'd prefer the Lancer Evolution over Impreza.
Just from looks, performance, etc.
(Subaru doesn't have much cars do they?)

yeah id prefer the lancer evo over my impreza too... if i had another $14,000 to spend. why dont we compare it to the lancer oz rally, thats way more in the price range. wait, where did the lancer come into this in the 1st place? enlighten me please, WHY are we talking about lancers again?

"subaru doesnt have much cars"

no, they dont. only the impreza rs, impreza ts, OBS, legacy sedan, legacy wagon, forester, wrx sedan, wrx wagon, and the baja, thats 9. how many does honda have? 10? thats if you count the civic hybrid as separate from the regular civic, and the accord coupe and sedan as separate. and acura? they have 6... yeah, theyve got WAY more models than subaru
Old 10-11-2002, 02:45 AM   #64
LjasonL
Some Guy

ill belive the twin turbo rsx when i see it. the whole list just sounds like a fast and furious wish list.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Spilner
3 honda civics... turbos, with NOS, and a motec system exhaust
Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainRSX
RSX Type S... Twin Turbo... nitrous... HKS exhaust system
anybody else seeing the similarity there?

also, WHO in the HELL would bother to mention the manufacturer of something as mundane as their exhaust or brakes, but NOT the manufacturer of their "twin turbo" system? also, after all the extensive engine mods it would take to run twin turbos and nitrous on an rsx, who would even mention the exhaust period? theres bound to be WAY more costly parts in there. like the fully programmable engine management hes gonna need for all that?

oh yeah... twin turbo, on an rsx? WHY?
Old 10-11-2002, 04:14 PM   #65
sicmor
AF Regular

haha a twin turbo 2.0 inline 4, by the time it spools up, the thing already ran a 20 sec 1/4 mile.......that's w/ nos. come on man, do some research before making up those crazy stories. I wonder why supra owners swap their tt setup and put in a single?? do they want to decrease their hp?? sorry, I should stop confusing those ricers.

Old 10-23-2002, 01:15 AM   #66
B-Kerr
AF Newbie

WRX

I have an 02 Rex - up-pipe to eliminate first cat, under-drives, K&N, dime store manual boost controller - and I run consistently in the 13.50s with factory tires and rims. Someone said that the WRX is just a rally car.... they're wrong. The AWD Subes are even better on the street; power AND traction is everything. I have spent all of $350 and have a ride that spanks V8's and most other rice rockets. 12 seconds is just a little money away. PLUS, I usually get about 23 mpg driving the dog sh*t out of it every day. On the interstate I get 25-27 no prob. Plus, everyone is always asking "what kinda car is that... sure is pretty!"

Did I mention that the handling is top notch even on crappy RE92s??

Find me an 02 Honda with the same performance, stock or otherwise, for $24K... and I'll race it! hehe

Oh yeah, almost forgot... for those who don't like the bug eyes... the new model is coming and the bug eyes are gone... kinda look like RSX lights. Due as '04 models I believe.

Just my $0,02

B-Kerr
Old 11-06-2002, 02:30 PM   #67
draguN177
AF Newbie

girls like rsx better.....i like both. i wanted rsx wit ings kit then i saw the sti wrx wit kaminari kit....now im stuck.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:23 AM   #68
antidote11
AF Newbie

And too bad the WRX's have glass transmissions.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:36 AM   #69
suckmdk69
AF Newbie

Talking

personally i like the RSX, cuz WRX is really BUTT-UGLY! they both great cars, and yeah, WRX got a lil more power. however, if u can wait, RSX Type-R should come out next year or so...then we'll c if WRX can match up to it then!
Old 11-13-2002, 06:02 AM   #70
suckmdk69
AF Newbie

actually, if i have the moeny, i wouldn't choose either one of them. with the money that you need to spend to modifie those cars, i would rather buy a Nissan 350Z. Z is fast and luxury....just everything you loooking for in a sports car, and the base modle is $27000 at MSRP...can't beat that!
Old 11-13-2002, 08:59 AM   #71
antidote11
AF Newbie

The Z is a beast though, it's like 3200 pounds or something. DAMN !!

And they aren't the best looking cars either, they look better in pictures.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:20 PM   #72
yamchild
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by draguN177
girls like rsx better.....i like both. i wanted rsx wit ings kit then i saw the sti wrx wit kaminari kit....now im stuck.
This girl likes the WRX better.

I'm in the market for a small wagon / hatchback, so I test drove the WRX wagon and the base RSX (both with auto transmission). The WRX was a lot more fun to drive on the streets. The RSX just did not have much going in the low and mid rpm's.

I guess it just depends on what one wants out of a car:

RSX
1) beautiful interior
2) bland, inoffensive exterior
3) cramped rear seats and cargo
4) leather and sunroof
5) less performance at low rpm
6) people who don't know about cars will respect your Acura badge

WRX
1) so-so interior (except for the MOMO steering wheel...)
2) ugly/cute exterior
3) more rear seat and cargo room
4) no leather, no sunroof
5) more performance at low rpm
6) people who don't know about cars will think you're a granola for driving a Subaru

Personally, I prefer practicality and performance over luxury. But then, I think sunroof is for the weak.
Old 11-14-2002, 01:18 AM   #73
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by antidote11
And too bad the WRX's have glass transmissions.
do they? man, somebody should tell that to my transmission. or one of the wrxs running 12's daily driven with no transmission problems. the problem is, people who dont know how to launch an awd car tear it up. if you know how to drive, the tranny is fine. that goes for ANY awd, not just the wrx. try clutch dropping at 7000rpm in an eclipse gsx or 3000gt vr4 or hell a 4wd blazer and see how long it lasts...
Old 11-15-2002, 11:13 AM   #74
e23k13l420
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to e23k13l420
Sube's are ugly cars. they look like shit. they are fast but ugly get an rsx
Old 11-15-2002, 11:23 AM   #75
e23k13l420
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to e23k13l420
Sube's are ugly cars. they look like shit. they are fast but ugly get an rsx

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD