Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 01:55 PM   #1
Code Red
AF Newbie

Angry 98 2.0 Stalling Out

Okay so here's the deal.... My check engine light came on and my car started to cut out every time I added moderate pressure to the gas pedal. Did it through every gear... So, the nice folks at AutoZone ran a test. Well, turns out the "Mass Air Flow Sensor" was triggered as well as the "Vehicle Speed Sensor" on the transmission. I replaced both, very costly by the way! Any who, since it has a Neuspeed intake the "Mass Air Flow Sensor" may have been triggerd anyway. So I put the stock air box back on to see if I had fixed the problem.... NOPE!!!!!! So... $500.00 later I have the same problem... Does anyone have any idea what the hell the problem is? I would greatly appreciate it. Its going to go to one of the best Volkswagon Mechanics in Columbus, on thursday but I was hoping to get a little info before then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Code Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:44 AM   #2
seniorbigs
AF Regular

Re: 98 2.0 Stalling Out

You don't say what vehicle it is, but it must be a VW. VW had a lot of electrical problems, check the connectors. Have fun and good luck.
seniorbigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:01 AM   #3
Code Red
AF Newbie

I guess your right.... I did'nt post the type of car it was, duh !!!! You were right though, it was a VW Golf 2.0 ... Wanna here something strange... During these problems, I dissconected the battery and installed the "Venom 400" and when I plugged the battery back up.... NO CHECK ENGINE light and she ran like a champ... It had to be the "Vehicle speed sensor" because I installed my "MAFS" into another 2.0 and it ran fine. What ever the case, she is running very strong and I appreciate the assitance anyway.
Code Red is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk