Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 06:10 AM   #16
TerminalVelocity
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity
At the last races I went to, I beat an 11 second accord, with my 15 sec (est, may be quicker now) T-bird....it was defentally not as fast as claimed. And just cuz you say you want to race dosent mean youll have takers. Bty, how far away is Lancaster from LA? :bandit:

Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
TerminalVelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 10:25 PM   #17
joebowlr21
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to joebowlr21
Lancaster is about a good hour an a half from the LA area.u can take the freeway or go cruisin on Angeles Crest Highway (mount pass).You would first go through acton leading to bakersfield then you pass by palmdale to get here.The races are usually held on 120th and Q if ur interested.That, or abunch of people just decide to go and race at street lights as a way to make the countdown fair.Really to just work on your reaction time against other drivers.Or you can go cruise to LACR in palmdale and watch some of the faster cars up here run every friday night.I believe that on the 22nd of this month, the NIRA are having competitions at LACR with big cash pay outs.

About 2 months ago the po-po(police) had a baracade at the races givign everyone tickets.Pissed off alot of people, but thas how the cookie crumbles.
joebowlr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 11:57 AM   #18
Skypatcorbin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Skypatcorbin
i drive a import and i feel your pain, hondas are a waist of time, unless turbo charged. they may not have much power but they can be light as fuck. i wouldnt expect many of them to hold up to a firebird. Fast and the furious created a general bad name for import street racers. every kid with and there mom's economy box think they can make there shit go fast by adding a CIA and some stickers and groundefects. it makes me sick every time i see a riced out honda with making gay exhaust noises. and thats what everyone else notices. people start to asume that all moded imports make funny noises and are incredibly slow. i even hate it more when someone comes up to me ant tells me i should race this honda because my car too is japanese. if you want a real race politly ask around for a fast import and you'll probly get one. a stock supra should be able to give you a good race, and i modified one i would watch out for. im not scared of fire birds, cammaros or other such cars, and i will admit to getting my ass kicked a good number of times. but the wrx has held with a good number of them, especialy the in the launch. i just got a new turbo so whenim done tuning it im hoping to run with the big boys. shoud be running from mid 12s to high 11s. you just have to find the right races. please dont go around judging that all import cars a ricers, your crowd has it ricers too, with all of the loud slow camaros rs's and firebirds(i dont know much about the names of the diferent types of modles).
Skypatcorbin is offline   Reply With Quote