Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

The samurai VS. the Renesis

Its been really hard to get gas for a few days cause of the hurricane but I finally tanked up today. the line was about a half hour and a guy in a black RX8 was behind me. I stepped out of the car while in line cause I was bored just sitting there. the guy did the same and we started talking. we liked each others cars but spoke little of them despite the fact I kept eyeing his and him mine.
When we got to the pump I said to him "finally bro, I cant wait to be able to step on it again"
he looked at me with this pfffft yeah right look and says "is it fast?"
I hate that question and always respond the same way "depends what fast is to you, if you mean 12 second fast 0-60 in 4.5 secs then no! but if 15 seconds is fast then yes"

he looks ahead of the gas station onto the long ramp that leads out of the service area and onto the highway and says " you wanna show me?"

we finished tanking up and he told me to go first, I asked if he wanted to go from a roll and how fast he said "nah, just hammer it as soon as you hit the ramp, I'll catch up."

so he followd behind me, I get to the ramp and its 300 ft till the highway. I hammer it in second and hold it to redline shift to 3rd as I hit the highway. quickly check my rearview, the guy must of gotten a late start or he must of not thought I was gonna go all out cause he is like 6 cars behind me. quickly check the revs and back to the mirror, he is clossing in now. I can hear the car nearing redline again so I snap the stick back and into fourth. look back and now he is closser, like 4 or 3 cars back and still clossing. 4th takes me up way past tripple digits and now we are going a good 115-120 mph but as I near the top of 4th he starts to level and drop back. I slide into fifth before redline and keep hauling ass. At around 128-130 mph he just gave up and stayed back and flashed his lights at me.

I cant say it was a win cause if we where side by side he would of pulled on me but lets call it a tie.

06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake,
Ported Intake Manifold,
Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete.
Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq.
07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package.

In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Musashi3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #2
i3o2Matt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i3o2Matt Send a message via Yahoo to i3o2Matt
Re: The samurai VS. the Renesis

lol i wish i could go 130 mph...haha
Old 10-30-2005, 01:28 AM   #3
TatII
AF Fanatic

haha good kills, mazda's are notorious for overrating their cars. the mx5's was rated at 140hp and put down 110whp, when they released the 155hp version, it still put down 110whp. mazda got busted and they had to buy the cars back or do free tune ups for a year and rerated the power level. same with the rx-8. originally rated at 250hp but it can't even put down 190whp. when a 240hp s2k can put down 200whp consistantly. so mazda got busted re rated the 8 to have only 238hp and bought the car back from the people who were too pist, or gave out free tune ups for a year again.

the car is so slow. i can't believe people actually think those cars are fast and they drive around thinkin their fast when the new 210hp or 196hp ( with the new sae rating ) rsx type S is neck to neck with it on the highway, ( they both trap around 95 mph ) and the rx-8 is heavy. that thing weights 3000 lbs. hardly light, the rx-7 weights 2700lbs.

i use to actualy like the rx-8 before it came out, because i thought it made the same power as a FD 250hp vs 255, but it ends up making 40 less whp in the real world. 188whp vs 230whp. what crappage

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:26 AM   #4
Drifty
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Drifty

Sweet man, i havent seen 130 in a while

"When in doubt there is no doubt" - Robert DeNiro
Drifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
flatlander757
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to flatlander757

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII
haha good kills, mazda's are notorious for overrating their cars. the mx5's was rated at 140hp and put down 110whp, when they released the 155hp version, it still put down 110whp. mazda got busted and they had to buy the cars back or do free tune ups for a year and rerated the power level. same with the rx-8. originally rated at 250hp but it can't even put down 190whp. when a 240hp s2k can put down 200whp consistantly. so mazda got busted re rated the 8 to have only 238hp and bought the car back from the people who were too pist, or gave out free tune ups for a year again.

the car is so slow. i can't believe people actually think those cars are fast and they drive around thinkin their fast when the new 210hp or 196hp ( with the new sae rating ) rsx type S is neck to neck with it on the highway, ( they both trap around 95 mph ) and the rx-8 is heavy. that thing weights 3000 lbs. hardly light, the rx-7 weights 2700lbs.

i use to actualy like the rx-8 before it came out, because i thought it made the same power as a FD 250hp vs 255, but it ends up making 40 less whp in the real world. 188whp vs 230whp. what crappage
What's funny is it seems mostly just foreign cars went down when the new SAE ratings took place.

And I like the RX8 looks... but the performance just isn't there. That car's speed was very mislead in Xmen...
Old 10-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: The samurai VS. the Renesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifty
Sweet man, i havent seen 130 in a while
wadda ya talking about? your car hits 130 as easy as mine hits 80!

I used to be scared of going that fast but I got my suspension all redone and I bought a nice set of Yokohama AVS ES100, they have a ZR rating so I feel confident now. she feels really well planted at 120, 130 is pushing it and the max I've ever done was just shy of 140, like 137, 138.

I had heard alot about the RX-8 not producing the numbers Mazda had published but its a nice looking car non the less. I think if aftermarket companies payed half the attention to the RX-8 that they give to the 350Z then it would be a great tunner car. I've seen some supercharged Renesis spank ass.

Ported Intake Manifold,

Quote:
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Old 10-30-2005, 02:35 PM   #7
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

It took me a minute to realise you were in your 3000gt and not in a Suzuki Samurai.

When you said you hit 130mph, I was like In a Samurai??? Huh?!? <side effects of just waking up.

But, 3000gt makes sense... hehe good run bro.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #8
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

its cool Red, I see how that could happen. the 3000GT is called Musashi, so since I took that name from the great Japanese swords master Miyamoto Musashi, I call it "The Samurai" sometimes.

Ported Intake Manifold,

Quote:
Old 10-30-2005, 09:31 PM   #9
Drifty
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Drifty
Re: Re: Re: The samurai VS. the Renesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi3000GT
wadda ya talking about? your car hits 130 as easy as mine hits 80! .
Yeah I know But I just havent done it recently

"When in doubt there is no doubt" - Robert DeNiro
Drifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 PM   #10
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

nice run man. Just like all the rest I was rather disappointed by the lack of power the rx8 could boast of, but it still sounds like you had a good run. Glad to hear you got gas again too.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:21 PM   #11
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque

damn, I thought you were racing an RX8 with a Suzuki Samurai

The post title also made me think that a rotary Suzuki Samurai would be a pretty sweet ride.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:28 PM   #12
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

n00bs...
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #13
drftk1d
boost in, apex seals out

Send a message via AIM to drftk1d

rx8 weighs 2900 lbs

and even then, its still slow

what most people dont know is that the exhaust is restrictive and computer tune is mild, once you fix that theres alot of power to be found. but as it stands stock it doesnt cut it.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #14
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX

I loved the look of the RX-8 when it came out, and it was initially on my short list for my next car

But when the whole thing about Mazda overrating its hp I started to wonder of it was still overrated at 238hp...I had also heard alot of negative things about the rotary, especially the fuel economy

The final thing that really set me off was that I had only seen hp numbers, and once I researched the rotary I shook my head at the torque it puts out and where it comes

Its definately not on my car list

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing