Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 11:00 PM   #1
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

Finally, my mod decision! What about u Guys?

ok i think ive come up with the cheapest combination to get my car into the 13's. Screw the body kit, i much more enjoy the look on poeples face when a stock looking cavalier beats them. Anways i already ordered one the cheapest one. . .

B&M Shift Plus kit, this kit for automatics will increase the line pressure in the trans so the shifts will be faster and have less slippage. Right now the shifts are slow, and it does slip slightly between gears when at WOT. I mean if you think about it, the trans is set up right now for a car with max 150HP during shifts, which before was great, nice firm shifts. Now the car has around 200HP, ehh not so firm shifts. This was 40 bucks. And is being shipped now. Some people claim anywheres from .2 to .4 tenths of a second off their 1320 with this mod.

The other thing, the 2.7inch supercharger pulley. Fuck the warranty, its been almost a year and i used it for one tiny repair on the rear defroster. Im gonna call and cancel it as soon as the mods are installed. Anways that pulley should put me at 7PSI. The current fuel system will be good up to 8-10 PSI, so im fine on fuel mods, and the comp will keep a nice A/F ratio. This is a 150 bucks for a pulley boys quick change pulley system and pulley.

So once all this gets here, these are all the mods i get to do in the spring. Cause its way to cold here to be working in the garage.

Dual Guage pillar Pod install
Boost guage install
B&M Shift Plus Install
2.7inch pulley install. (might have mechanic do, i know nothing about)

anways im hoping that these two mods should let me dip my toes in the 13's. And a 13 second daily driver cavalier is all i want/need.

Any of you guys have plans for the spring?

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
-Jayson- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:17 PM   #2
dampachi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: Finally, my mod decision! What about u Guys?

Hm. I'm not sure if you'll be in the 13s with those mods..but you'll definitely be close. I have 4.10s/maganpacks/xpipe/nitto 555rs/accufab tb and intake plenum/triax short throw shifter/and some suspension mods planned for spring/summertime. And I hope to be deep into 13s with those mods.
dampachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
Mr. Luos
Firebird Guy

I wanna get kicked off a track for no cage sometime later this summer.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
Stock'ish'
Mr. Luos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:37 PM   #4
chevytrucks92
AF Enthusiast

I'd like to get a new set of slicks either at, or within a few weeks after the season starts. They are a "little" expensive though, lol (31x14 Good Year Dragway Specials will be around $550 by the time they get here).

For my truck, I'd like to get the Edelbrock Multi-Port fuel injection conversion (for 87-95 GM full size trucks with throttle body injection). That will be more like this time next year then in the spring though ($1000 for the intake and all necassary components PLUS $100 for high pressure fuel pump). That adds around 20 rwhp, but I'm more interested in the extra torque and gas mileage it is supposed to add.

355 SBC, Turbo 400, 5.13 gear, IHRA Certified to 8.50 in the 1/4
Last Race (10-6-07) So its been awhile...
Dial: 6.77, RT: -.0001, 60': 1.4360, 1/8th: 6.7942 @ 100.65 mph
Fastest Pass of '07 (10-6-07)
60': 1.4360, 330': 4.3453, 1/8th: 6.7942 @ 100.65 mph

25 and in BIG TIME Debt Crew member #2
Deuce's Wild Racing: Take a Ride on the WILD SIDE
chevytrucks92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:44 PM   #5
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Finally, my mod decision! What about u Guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
LMAO best spring plans yet!

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
-Jayson- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:58 PM   #6
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Hmmm, I just started my new job at a certain big orange home improvment warehouse last week, so I might have some money to work with...I'm thinking of finally getting a front strut bar to snug up the handling a bit...as for performance, maybe a B-pipe from budget or something, nothing all that great...I don't think I'll be able to afford anything really expensive, since I have a big insurance payment every 4 months to worry about, and gas as well...plus I already have the best BPU part they make for maximas (y-pipe)...I dunno I haven't really thought it through yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
street_racer_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #7
TatII
AF Fanatic

i saw your cardomain page and i notice that you have no headers, or exhuast. if you get those in conjunction with a pulley, your car will gain alot and i mean alot of hp, then 13's is definitly possible.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:05 AM   #8
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Send a message via AIM to -Josh-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jayson-
ok i think ive come up with the cheapest combination to get my car into the 13's. Screw the body kit, i much more enjoy the look on poeples face when a stock looking cavalier beats them. Anways i already ordered one the cheapest one. . .

B&M Shift Plus kit, this kit for automatics will increase the line pressure in the trans so the shifts will be faster and have less slippage. Right now the shifts are slow, and it does slip slightly between gears when at WOT. I mean if you think about it, the trans is set up right now for a car with max 150HP during shifts, which before was great, nice firm shifts. Now the car has around 200HP, ehh not so firm shifts. This was 40 bucks. And is being shipped now. Some people claim anywheres from .2 to .4 tenths of a second off their 1320 with this mod.

The other thing, the 2.7inch supercharger pulley. Fuck the warranty, its been almost a year and i used it for one tiny repair on the rear defroster. Im gonna call and cancel it as soon as the mods are installed. Anways that pulley should put me at 7PSI. The current fuel system will be good up to 8-10 PSI, so im fine on fuel mods, and the comp will keep a nice A/F ratio. This is a 150 bucks for a pulley boys quick change pulley system and pulley.

So once all this gets here, these are all the mods i get to do in the spring. Cause its way to cold here to be working in the garage.

Dual Guage pillar Pod install
Boost guage install
B&M Shift Plus Install
2.7inch pulley install. (might have mechanic do, i know nothing about)

anways im hoping that these two mods should let me dip my toes in the 13's. And a 13 second daily driver cavalier is all i want/need.

Ever heard the saying. Warranties are only implemented to last for the life of the car. Meaning once the warranty goes out, that's when you have your biggest problems. So screw the warranty, and become really good friends with a good technician.

AF User Guidelines

What is a mippie? - click
-Josh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:10 AM   #9
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
hahahah

nice mods can't wait to hear how it goes!

sadly my friend who just got one would be like thats all they do that stock
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
i3o2Matt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i3o2Matt Send a message via Yahoo to i3o2Matt

i'd say if u had a very near perfect run...you might get into 13s...but u'll prolly run 14.1-14.3's after those mods...i would love for my car to be that close to 13s...lol and yeah...get headers n exhaust, you'll breathe so much better n deff. put u in 13s on most of ur runs...
Old 01-31-2005, 01:41 PM   #11
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jayson-
Garage the car because I'm broke..and start using public buses...Yeah I'm excited
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:01 PM   #12
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

My mods are in my sig, and I hope to have them installed by the summer time. This next paycheck, I'm definitely installed the camshaft and cam gear. I'm hoping to have it all said and done by the summer though. If I'm lucky I just may dip into the lower 14's and possibly 13's. Depending on the weather that is .

I think 13's can be accomplished. It's kind of a great feat to get a little economy car to dip into the 13's. Good luck to you . I hope the same can be said for me. I can only wait until the summertime and the tracks open again. By then, maybe I'll actually be able to beat my old mans 3kGT. We'll see . Late...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:04 PM   #13
dampachi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi

What do you think you run now? I think 13s are a little much to be asking for just a cam/i/h/e. But I could be wrong.
dampachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #14
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampachi
What do you think you run now? I think 13s are a little much to be asking for just a cam/i/h/e. But I could be wrong.
I don't know. I just recently started getting into it with my car. But I don't plan on it with just Cam/I/H/E. I hope to accomplish it with the Intake Manifold and Throttle body installed as well. But I've heard of some guys dipping into the 14's with just Cam/I/H/E.

Does anybody know what the 3kGT SL's run in the quarter? Hell when I can beat the old mans car then maybe I'll have a general idea of what I may run. Late...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:13 PM   #15
CamaroSSBoy346
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CamaroSSBoy346

Yeh. I dont know how good the B&M kits are for Cavaliars, but I knwo they arent any good for the 4R70W/MN12 setup.

My next mods:

-New tires. Not really a modification, rather then a repair. My one BFGoodrich is almost completely bald! I think I might go with 225/60 or 245/55 Kuhmos, but I'm undecided. I'm not sure if 245/55s will fit with the lowering. I heard Kuhmos have soft sidewalls=shitty.

-Torqe Converter. Again, another repair. My stock one is..dead. it shakes and rattles all over the damn place. I will upgrade to a stock Mark VIII or Maurader torque converter for the higher stall RPMs. Once the drivetrain problems are fixed, then I'll start the mods..
1-J-Mod. Soft shifts=suck. The J-Mod will modify the valve body plate and the accumulators. Maybe I'll be able to do 2nd gear burnouts
2-24,000 LB Transmission cooler. The transmission is the same in the Mustang...the MN12 just weights about 1500 lbs more.
3-Trac-Lok, with 3:23's. I should be able to find both of them at the junkyard...together. Just take out the pumpkin out of a Super Coupe..
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials
2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater
CamaroSSBoy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing