Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:21 PM   #46
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to darkprincess0330
Re: Why are boys such babies?

My boyfriend was the one that got me into cars. I absolutely love cars and follow them closely now.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:02 PM   #47
Phunyguy
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Phunyguy Send a message via MSN to Phunyguy Send a message via Yahoo to Phunyguy

i wish my wife was into cars as much as me. - i get back in from working on mine and i get the "Don't touch anything - including ME!!" attitude - i gotta strip down to my underpants in the doorway and run to the shower, dropping my clothes off in the washer on the way by so she doesn't flip out. That's just for a lunch break. :-P what i wouldn't give for her to crawl under that car with me and lend a hand. Hell - it may even turn her on - gettin all greasy with me.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:24 PM   #48
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EvoCrazy

Why are girls in cars soooooo damn sexist? Its funny how girls complain that men can get away with things, but girls get away with saying sexist things (the title of this post) nobody thinks of them as that. Girls that DO know cars, always make comments like "oh I like maken guys look stupid", or "I always shut men up". I mean, if a man said things like that the entire world will come after us. Damn, when will girls stop being sexist, because whenever I go to this part of the Forums, I get so many lesbian vibes form all these sexist girls here. I under stand girls can also drive, but damn, dont have to brag about it girls. I LOVE it when girls know cars, and thats very cool, but when SOME guys get pissed because of it, well then they suck. But not ALL men are like that, and dont make it seam like that.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:01 PM   #49
89IROC&RS
AF Fanatic

well, to a certain extent evocrazy i agree with you, but you gotta realize, as car guys (im assuming), we dont deal with the guys that the girls are complaining about, but they get it everywhere they drive, so being as this is the girl racers forum, they come here cuz the other girls will know what it feels like. but i do hope that none of the girls feel that the guys here on AF are like that, as i have read most of these guy bashing threads, and have seen the guys taking the girls side in 98% - 100% of the time. i dont take it personally, as i give respect where it is due, and havent personally attacked any of these girls, so i know they arent talking about me. just kinda try to remember the forum that this is, and take everything with a grain of salt.

as for the movie torque............. all i have to say, is that they are sport bikes, and the key bike was a gas turbine powered one, torque is the last thing i would have called that movie. as for the acting, all i saw was the tv commersials, and i felt instantly dumber for having seen them.

Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Old 08-23-2004, 07:39 PM   #50
sgtii
AF Newbie

I have worked with Girls in automotive, went to school with girls in the automotive and I have met girls that know all about there car. I have a great deal of respect for women in the automotive industry, but there is one thing I can't stand is a girl that has a smart-ass attitude about their automotive knowledge. If you know your stuff that’s cool but if you are just regurgitating what you heard, real automotive people like me (Credentials BS Automotive Technology, AS in Auto Collision) will know.

I think it is hot when a girl knows her shit, but I think its hotter when she is humble about it.

P.S. How Do I get one of you hot car chicks anyway.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:00 PM   #51
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

STGii, thats EXACTLY how I feel. Its cool when a girl knows her shit, I would love to meet a girl like that. If a girl knows her car, thats cool, but its not cool when they start talken sexist shit like in these forums. They tend to sound.....like a bunch of showoffs. I can understand where there anger is comming from, but they now take it too far, and i'm starting to get offended and annoyed by it. Why havent I heard any of the girls opinions about this yet? I was sure to get a lot of responses from the girls after this.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:42 AM   #52
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, you are going to get a lot of responses from girls for what you said, EvoCrazy. I am a girl and I am now going to voice my opinion to you. What sexist stuff are you talking about? Almost all the girls know what they are talking about in here. Obviously you are in the wrong forum if you can not handle us. Nobody is a showoff in her. It sounds too me like you are a baby and whining about the fact that girls no there stuff. Men need to be needed and now that women are moving into fields that were previously dominated by men, they are losing their grip and are starting to have nothing to hold on to. When in reality they still everthing they just have to share now and deal with it.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:18 AM   #53
sgtii
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Why are boys such babies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprincess0330
obviously you are in the wrong forum if you can not handle us. Nobody is a showoff in her. It sounds too me like you are a baby and whining about the fact that girls no there stuff. Men need to be needed and now that women are moving into fields that were previously dominated by men, they are losing their grip and are starting to have nothing to hold on to. When in reality they still everything they just have to share now and deal with it.
I think you are missing the point Evo was getting to. the quote above is exactly the attitude we are talking about. You know what happens when a guys goes up to a another guy at a race or a car show and asked him a question? You get an answer without a smart-ass attitude (95%0f the time).

You know what happens when a guy talks to a girl anywhere about a car? You either get a vibe that this girl wants to prove herself to you by telling you how much she knows or has done with her car, or how she is just as good at cars as you. I'm a nice guy, if I come to talk to you it is either about your car or about you, but when I encounter the smart-ass attitude I have just lost all respect for you and your car.

Evo and I both gave girls props and said it is cool when a girl know there shit. Why did he get toasted with all this needy men shit. You could have been much nicer with that reply.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:28 AM   #54
sgtii
AF Newbie

QUOTE DP (now that women are moving into fields that were previously dominated by men, they are losing their grip and are starting to have nothing to hold on to).

Every girlfriend I have had has at one point in time gotten pissed because I wanted to do car things instead of girlfriend and boyfriend things.

Why the hell would we hate it that girls are moving into the field, now we can have our cake and eat it too.

But when you think about it, would want to spend all of your time with your mate. Sometime you just need some space and for some guys the races, car shows or the garage was that get away place.

Hummmmmm. Deep thoughts by Jack Handy
Old 08-24-2004, 08:05 PM   #55
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Darkprincess0330 you just gave me the same EXACT example of what I was saying. Like I said before its cool when girls know there cars, I just hate it when they start claiming and saying "men this, and men that" (like you just did). I always see this, a girl always has smart ass answer when a man asks them about there car. They have to prove there selves by acting like they know more. And maybe some cases a girl would know more, but that doesnt mean you should put men down. I use to not no anything, and when I met a owner of RPMmotoring.com he didnt put me down even though he did and STILL does know WAY more than I do about cars. So I gained A LOT of respect from him, just for taking his time to teach me instead of putting me down. Now, girls, LOVE (admit it, ya do) when they know something a man doesnt about there car. Thats cool, but instead of throwing sexist and smart-ass comments you could teach them.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:54 PM   #56
sgtii
AF Newbie

My work is done.
Good Job Evo
Looks like we made a difference
Maybe they will just be cool now
I guess we won't know until the next thread
Old 08-24-2004, 11:46 PM   #57
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

I am not meaning to be rude or smart assed but it seems like all the guys in this forum all are whining about either why girls have entire forum for themselves or girls know nothing, or other crap like that and that really annoys me. Sorry I must have mis read what you said, but I am just fed up with all the jealousy and bull shit guys try to start in here.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:59 PM   #58
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Whoa people, let's keep this civil.

Ladies, let's not get all up in arms because a few of the guys are rambling on about a perceived problem.

Gentlemen, let's not go agitating the women over the things they often have a right to complain/brag about.

One of the most fun automotive arguments I've ever had was debating IHRA versus NHRA with a girl in my 8th grade computer class. She preferred IHRA, I preferred NHRA, and we came to a draw because she admitted NHRA Pro Stock was awesome racing and I couldn't deny that Pro Mods are bitching.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:29 PM   #59
GirlSolRacer
AF Newbie

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with most of what the guys are saying this time around. I mean, just look at the title of this thread? I don't know about it being 'sexist' but it isn't nice. You are talking about the guys whining and complaining, but isn't the title a whining complaint in itself? The whole reason guys act this way towards some of the girls in here is because of the smart ass attitudes. OOHHH, Im a girl and I know the difference between my gas cap and my oil cap. Yah me!! Oh, and I bought some rims for my civic, so that means I'm cool. I'm sorry, but that's what I've been getting reading some things on this board. For some people, maybe that is a lot. But this is a car forum, where most people already know the basic things about cars. That just isn't that impressive. But if you think it is, that's okay. But don't go around saying you know about cars and you do your own work and hang out with guys and prove them wrong about cars, when if they did that to you, you would get royally pissed. Admit it, if a guy was talking about cars and you corrected him, you would feel really good and point it out to anyone who would listen to you. But if you were talking about cars and a guy corrected you, and told everyone about it, you would be mad. So don't do that to the guys. When a guy sees a girl even remotely interested in cars, that good enough. Don't give them an excuse to put all girls into cars into a catergory, one where they think all the girls are mean to guys every chance they get.
I don't want to be mean, but damn, if you don't want them to whine, don't give them a reason.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #60
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

I completely agree with you GirlSolRacer. You make a great point. I am not trying to be mean or anything with what I said it is just how it seems.

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot