Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 05:18 PM   #166
pettercardoso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to pettercardoso
Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Ohhh, crap...there goes my airbrush budget! I found a 1:12 Tamiya Ferrari 641/2 for €100....I really wish I win the lottery this weekend

Joeham, thanks for you thoughts. When I finally have the money for the airbrush, I'm going to read this thread all over again (and continue posting my question here.ehehehh)
Old 10-18-2004, 05:29 PM   #167
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImolaEK
Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vric
yes I alreay bought from him.. 2 times.. without problem.
I had a problem on my second order, but he solved it without problem. good store !
Thats good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettercardoso
Ohhh, crap...there goes my airbrush budget! I found a 1:12 Tamiya Ferrari 641/2 for €100....I really wish I win the lottery this weekend

Joeham, thanks for you thoughts. When I finally have the money for the airbrush, I'm going to read this thread all over again (and continue posting my question here.ehehehh)
Nice! Man everyone is getting all these 1:12 Scale models! I think its about time i shall buy one!

This thread is very useful for beginners like me.
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
ImolaEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:06 AM   #168
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

For the Createx Autoair question... YES I have painted with it. Quite a hard paint to work with compared to Tamiya X's paint. They are already thinned to be sprayed by a Spray Gun or an Airbrush but in the last case with a pretty high psi. It dries with a lot more orange peel than every Tamiya paint I know ! It's not pretty glossy and most of the time require a clear coat... and their clear coat tend to turn out a bit yellow but it's "milk like" when you spray it... meaning it's kind of a white clear coat in it's liquid form and goes to a clear (bit yellow) process while drying. They have nice colors though and worth a try for everyone who want to see how easy other paints are ! I made a skull on a 1:1 car with that with great results but a lot of work. Sorry, it's been at least 10 years and had no picture of those work (and the car end up in a tree at least 5 years ago)... don't make the same mistake I did... take pictures people, a lot of them !
Martbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #169
pettercardoso
AF Enthusiast

Now a really generalist question:
What do you guys think about airbrush maintenance? I mean, does the needle and nozzle need replacing very often; or if much care is taken, it's not "necessary" to replace those parts?
I'm asking this because I don't want to buy an airbrush and then having to buy needles, nozzles, o-rings, etc, every 2 or 3 months, if you know what I mean.

Regards,
Pedro.

PS - I'm really getting annoying here, am I not?
Old 10-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #170
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric

if you clean your airbrush carefully, you should never change any part (unless your airbrush is in plastic or an aztek )
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:16 PM   #171
StephenDeli
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to StephenDeli

Well clean your brush well and dont drop it on the needle like I did! Hopefully I can straighten that sucker out...

Current Projects- Ferrari F189 ON HOLD
Ferrari 360 Spider
Future Projects-04' Corvette Z06, Enzo, F1-2000
StephenDeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:59 AM   #172
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vric
...unless your airbrush is in plastic or an aztek...
Good call Vric !
I have replaced only 1 needle since I have Airbrushes and it was a jerk who came in my garage and he wanted to see how I was going to do his helmet and during the time I was shooting he wasted his time playing with another Airbrush in my case and twisted the needle (because you can see a bit of the needle sticking out in front of the Airbrush that's why most of the good Airbrushes have a little plastic cap to put on the front of them) ! The guys never told me and it took a couple of days for me to find out. I tried to straiten it out but it wasn't the same. The spray patern was weird and unconvincing. If I knew I'd have charge the guys for the needle. Well, it's not that pricy but he souldn't have play with a tool ! It's not a toy.

So... 1 needle in almost 15 years isn't bad at all... viva Badger and Iwata ! The Hell with Aztec !!!
Old 10-20-2004, 06:20 AM   #173
Bobj
AF Enthusiast

How about u people stop laying crap on aztecs all the time i own 3 of them and they all work very well, i had a prob with one and it was promptly replaced, i have just brought a 470 and it works great and is easy to clean not like a lot of other airbrushes, so back off, if ya dont like em fine i dont like a lot of things but if i havn't used em i dont comment on them, so why dont ya all shut the you no what up .
Old 10-20-2004, 10:28 AM   #174
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Hooooouuu, At last an Aztek lover... I was hoping for one to come up and defend the Testor brand !!! Nice to know that you love it and...

YES... If the only job of an Airbrush is spraying paint... it does it with quite an ease ! In fact, a straw and a blower does the same thing than an Airbrush... it'll blow paint in a spray too. I worked with a lot of Airbrushes and Aztek (or Testor) was one I didn't recommand because of the "poor ingenering " that come with the product. Sorry, but the plastics noozle with a large or a fine patern that you have to stop while spraying.... I don't like. And beside, the guys around here are trying to buy something with the most knowledge input from us... so Go ahead and tell us what you like about Aztek (if you have 3 of them you should know)... we already told what we don't like !!

Ps... the one I've tried was at least 4 or 5 years ago... maybe they evolve !?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:32 AM   #175
pettercardoso
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martbee
(...)And beside, the guys around here are trying to buy something with the most knowledge input from us...(...)
Well said. That's exactly what I am looking for: knowledge.
Long before I knew Iwata, I wanted to buy an Aztek, but after all these posts, I do think twice

Yes, Bobj, do tell us what you like about the Aztek airbrushes.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:34 AM   #176
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobj
... i dont like a lot of things but if i havn't used em i dont comment on them, so why dont ya all shut the you no what up ...
Ho and BTW... I think everybody who comment on Aztek here, have one or already had.... so stop presuming we don't know the stuff we're talking about.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:17 PM   #177
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Quote:
Ho and BTW... I think everybody who comment on Aztek here, have one or already had.... so stop presuming we don't know the stuff we're talking about.
Even I got to put my hands on an Aztek I have used my airbrush for like 6 times already and it just works perfectly every single time. Really like Iwata's. The only thing that gets me mad is how much paint im wasting with this 2oz. Cup! But that will be fixed this weekend
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 10-21-2004, 05:47 AM   #178
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, a 2onz cup is quite large !!!

And I don't think will be hearding of BobJ... he didn't seem too happy to see we bash the Testor company ! But... he should have told us a bunch of quality that he like from Aztek... or maybe he just never tried anything else !!! Tell the people to shut up if you have something in return to bring to the conversation. Not just to look the toughest one.

No hard feelings boddy ! We love you ... but hate Aztek.

Ps joeham... I just hope you're not treating me of the or you'll have to read all the post before... the Aztek was a gift from a hobbyshop for me to try !
Old 10-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #179
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah, a 2onz cup is quite large !!!

And I don't think will be hearding of BobJ... he didn't seem too happy to see we bash the Testor company ! But... he should have told us a bunch of quality that he like from Aztek... or maybe he just never tried anything else !!! Tell the people to shut up if you have something in return to bring to the conversation. Not just to look the toughest one.

No hard feelings boddy ! We love you ... but hate Aztek.

Ps joeham... I just hope you're not treating me of the or you'll have to read all the post before... the Aztek was a gift from a hobbyshop for me to try !
i meant i was a loser. Not you!
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 10-22-2004, 10:54 AM   #180
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Fieewww... I was getting anxious !

It's a shame that poeple who love Aztek don't have arguement to backup their statement !

Well, no answer is better than a bunch of lies. But it don't help the cause.

Long live the Airbrush tread !!! There's so much to learn and teach around here.