Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Grand Marquis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
1badmerq
AF Newbie

Exclamation 02 marquis trunk opens when shifted in drive

ok my problem is that I bought a marquis and found that the trunk release button didnt work. I checked the wiring on the trunk lid and found the harness unplugged(which was causing my tag light to be out). I plugged the harness in and it works but when I start the car and shift into drive the trunk pops open. any suggestions on how to fix it????? This is my only car and I need a tag light for driving at night.
1badmerq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
BrianAlex
AF Newbie

Re: 02 marquis trunk opens when shifted in drive

If it was mine I would cut the wire that energizes the trunk release. It's a silly "Luxury" anyway,I mean how many calories does it burn to open the trunk with a key?-Brian-
BrianAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianAlex For This Useful Post:
danielsatur (02-20-2011)
Old 02-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
danielsatur
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlex View Post
If it was mine I would cut the wire that energizes the trunk release. It's a silly "Luxury" anyway,I mean how many calories does it burn to open the trunk with a key?-Brian-
I like the way you think, isolating fuses & relays on unwanted bells or whistles is another way!
danielsatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
g_lemieux
AF Newbie

Check the harness in the trunk,left side near the hinge.look for a broken wire.
g_lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 01:56 AM   #5
awisewon
AF Newbie

I would not cut any wires anywhere. Its strange the trunk lid opens soon as you put the car in drive. I would first look for broken wires disconnected wires to any harness. I'd also look at the trunk open in the drivers door pull it out and look for any broken or burnt wires. Also the fuse boxes one under the dash and under hood but first get the diagrams and look to see what operates the trunk as far as fuses. I am just learning about the Marquis myself. I have worked on cars motorbikes 2 and 4 strokes many years but did not keep up with this modern Electronics stuff and avoided it buying only old easy to troubleshoot. But I needed a newer safer car for my family so I just bought a 1992 Grand Marquis Ls its in great shape low millage no rust even on under frame. But i just started having problems with headlights coming on and off and thought I fixed it but now it does it with blinker on cut blinker off lights come back on mine problem may be the light switch. Also I have not figured out what it is yet but there is a black box in the trunk on drivers side. I think its for the remote and key less trunk and sends the signal to the Fob to open doors and trunk. Its step by step learning and getting the diagrams and info from those who really know these cars and the Pros if push comes to shove go to the dealer and let them tell what they think is wrong. I myself still haven't figured out what the black box in the truck is yet or for sure whats causing my headlights to flicker on and off. but you may want to look at that black box in the truck and the door button switch.
awisewon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Grand Marquis