Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
little_moon_jr
AF Newbie

Unhappy 88 z24 2.8 MPFI

Yes, I was wondering what I could do to makemy little 88 z24 faster. The engine has 200+ thousand miles on it yet it still manages to beat all these little imports running around my town. All I have done to it is a Hypertech performance chip and a 355 cam. Other than NOS what can I do to my car to make it quicker? I am no car wizard but everyone is all about these civics, crx's and integra's. I don't see why they think they are so fast. Sure they are built 4cylinders and for 4 cylinders they are pretty quick I'll give them that but if they are supposed to be so fast then you have to think of the money you have to put into them to make them fast. I have this stock 2.8 with a chip and a cam and I have beat many different imports. Teh closest race I have had is an integra with NOS. He beat me by a bumper the first time and I beat him by a finder the second. I admit it was quick and was a good race but my god this guy had 20,000 under the hood. I am just wanting some pointers on how I can build my engine like you build civics, integra's Etc... I know I could put NOS on it and I know I could turbocharge or supercharge it buy these cost a shit ton of money. I am looking for little things. Such as a cold air intake etc... Just little things. And if you know some stuff I could do can you give me some web sites to find parts for a good price. Thanks and email me at little_moon_jr@hotmail.com
little_moon_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 01:33 AM   #2
90CRXZCSi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 90CRXZCSi Send a message via Yahoo to 90CRXZCSi
Why dont you go post this in the Chevy forum?
90CRXZCSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 01:44 AM   #3
SkyNex721
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SkyNex721
Have you tried looking up Summit? I don't know if they have a website, but I have seen their catalogs and that might be up your alley. You should check out the Chevy forums. Those guys would be the ones to ask.

BTW Welcome to the board.

R.I.P. - You shall be resurrected.
SkyNex721 is offline   Reply With Quote