Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

Unfair racers!!!!!

you guys ever get those guys that just dont want to do a fair race? I had a guy today. . .

im driving home and i see a Focus SVT pull out in front of me, i catch up and look over at the guy, prolly in his late 20s and hes got a girl in the car. He sees me, i give a rev and try and get him to bite, but he doesnt so i drive off. A few blocks later i get a light and am stopped at the red, then i see the Focus coming up behind me at like 25 MPH, well right before he gets to the light it turns green and slams it past me. I was like wtf is this dickhead doing, so i catch up and try and get him to race again, but he doesnt. So the next light i get to it ahead of him and am stopped at the red, i see him coming up again same speed, so he again times the light so he doesnt stop and floors it past me again. Now im getting pretty pissed, this guy wont race from a roll with me, he wont get to the light with me to race. So next light we both hit, so im look good now im gonna get my shot, i rev up to 2k or so and am ready to launch, light turns green i take off hard squealing for a 3 seconds or so look over and he just casually takes off from the light. Oh man i was pissed. . . so i take the next turn and head back home, not to mention i blew my original turn so i could race this guy.

Anyone else have some jackass do this to them too?

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
-Jayson- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:11 AM   #2
90Stangjc
AF Enthusiast

Nah, not yet thankfully. I cant ever seem to find anyone that even thinks about racing these days. Uh well, i guess that's what sucks about living in hicktown.
90Stangjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:04 AM   #3
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Unfair racers!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jayson-
Here in Utah, all the time. I had a Stealth RT do something similar to me and I still beat him.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:08 AM   #4
65Fstbk
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jayson-
you guys ever get those guys that just dont want to do a fair race? I had a guy today. . .

im driving home and i see a Focus SVT pull out in front of me, i catch up and look over at the guy, prolly in his late 20s and hes got a girl in the car. He sees me, i give a rev and try and get him to bite, but he doesnt so i drive off. A few blocks later i get a light and am stopped at the red, then i see the Focus coming up behind me at like 25 MPH, well right before he gets to the light it turns green and slams it past me. I was like wtf is this dickhead doing, so i catch up and try and get him to race again, but he doesnt. So the next light i get to it ahead of him and am stopped at the red, i see him coming up again same speed, so he again times the light so he doesnt stop and floors it past me again. Now im getting pretty pissed, this guy wont race from a roll with me, he wont get to the light with me to race. So next light we both hit, so im look good now im gonna get my shot, i rev up to 2k or so and am ready to launch, light turns green i take off hard squealing for a 3 seconds or so look over and he just casually takes off from the light. Oh man i was pissed. . . so i take the next turn and head back home, not to mention i blew my original turn so i could race this guy.

I can relate to this. A week ago a guy in a Dodge Magnum was doing this to me. Although he wasn't going past me at the lights. He would cruise up to the light at round the same speed as that guy in the Focus then try to floor it past me... I'd be past him by that time so he would let wayyyyy off.

Then we both get a red and the guy doesn't want to race, he just takes off slowly. It was a little annoying. Not as annoying as your situation though.

1965 Mustang Fastback
65Fstbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:46 AM   #5
209 neon
AF Enthusiast

I think the guy in the focus likes you, thats why he was messing around so much lol

ICEMAN COLD AIR INTAKE
HEDDMAN HEADERS
CATCO HI FLOW CAT W/STOCK 2.25 PIPING
TTI RACE PULLEY
APEXI N1 EXHAUST
MSD COIL
MAGNACORE WIRES
ENERGY SUSPENSION MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS
NO POWER STEERING UNIT/ NO A/C UNIT

"RACE ME IF YOU WILL BUT REMEMBER IN THE END ITS STILL JUST A NEON"
209 neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:19 AM   #6
Raz_Kaz
AF Fanatic

I hate those kind of people...You go out of yuor way just for a fun race and these losers just wont go. They go when your chilling and chill when your going.
Raz_Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:49 PM   #7
landyacht
AF Enthusiast

Those guys piss me off. i was in my old Colt and had my fiance at the time with me. 2 kids in a base little old 240Z kept rolling and i was forced to launch from a stop. i kept with them the whole way stop light to stop light, but i never got the chance to prove who was the better driver cuz the little sh*t head wouldn't play fair. I flipped him off and turned left.

- 305 cu inch (5.0L) small block V8 w/ 3spd auto
- 4 barrel carb w/ single exhaust
- No catalytic converter, no posi-trac

NEVER LOSE FAITH IN THE BOAT!!
landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:04 PM   #8
Str8in
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Str8in

Lets see. Me? twice onch with a old accord with v-tec badges second time RSX-type s. With the accord he was doing like 55 while i was turning right to the service road for the high way reved at me slowed down saw i sped up n floored it we got into traffic he put his hazzards on i tried catching up but more traffic came from the exit ramp. With the RSX we were reving he causly gets off the line so i let off the gas then he floors it. Reason that was unfair was because i messed up my launch
Str8in is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing