Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
navyseals
AF Newbie

Unhappy Advice on purchasing a used car. Contradicting info on history report.

Hey I was interested in purchasing a used 2003 Saab 93. The ad stated there were no accidents, one owner, all services completed, and going to be sold certified and e-tested.

However, when I checked the carfax report, it stated there were two owners (the first being the dealer) and there was a accident/damage indicator with a damage report on October 26, 2005. A registration was issued/renewed immediately after the report and in February 2006 it was auctioned off to the current owner.

I contacted the seller about this and he was surprised that it would have a damage report. He said the car was used as an executive vehicle where he worked at the Saab dealership and it was used by him the entire time and there were absolutely no accidents/crashes on it.

Everything else was reported as no problems and the mileage is low for a seven year old car at 110,000 km. There were no total loss, structural damage, airbag deployment or other problems on the report which seems weird if it was involved in an accident.

I should probably get another report from the DMV but what do you guys think? Please PM me if you are an expertise in this field I do have the report saved if you care to take a look.

I used both Carfax and Autocheck. Carfax reports an accident/damage report but Autocheck has the vehicle with no problems at all
navyseals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
chaswe75
AF Newbie

Re: Advice on purchasing a used car. Contradicting info on history report.

Sounds fishy, have it thoroughly inspected on a lift if possible. Refinishing, new parts, and other evidence of a collision can be found despite a superb repair.
chaswe75 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network