Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 12:36 AM   #76
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

A red/red Z's interior:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg us - 350zx - interior (alternate).jpg (50.2 KB, 251 views)
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 11:50 AM   #77
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

the new z is cool looking, but I sure as hell do not wanna see service engine light coming on, instrument panel vibrating, rotten egg smell coming from the exhaust within the first 5,000miles as I've experienced with their other nissan lineup (2001 G20). so for me, no more nissan. honda, toyota, bmw are my tickets. :finger: :finger: :finger:
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 01:26 PM   #78
hakka
AF Enthusiast

I don't like the new Z too much...it just doesn't remind me of the older ones. I might change my mind w/out that orange paint, though.

Oh, yeah, another car with centered exhaust tips is the C5.
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 07:51 PM   #79
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

oh yah, and another thing....new nissan interior design reminds me of those clunky boom boxes they sell at circuit city and best buy. robotic metallic color. the hell's with dat steering wheel? the hell's with that shifter? I like the old Z.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 12:02 PM   #80
Wiz
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz
Thumbs up Promised 3000

I just called my Nissan "store" (they leased me a 2000 Maxima) and gave a salesman a hard time about the Z. He admitted that they plan on having Z's in the showroom on June 2002. Price will remain the same ($30K for the coupe and about $34K for the convertible option), the horsepower promised to be 300. If that's true, I will kiss my 1 month-old Audi TT quattro coupe 225 good-bye along with the Maxima and hit the road with the Z. I just hope they will make it black :smoker2:
Old 10-16-2001, 12:05 PM   #81
Wiz
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz
Question cd?

BTW where the heck is the audio box? A cd changer perhaps?
Old 11-06-2001, 06:56 PM   #82
Adam
AF Enthusiast

i must say the Z looks much much better in navy blue. But lookswise, I'd take an RSX over the Z. The overall shape is the same (and in pictures the RSX doesn't look to great), but in real life the RSX's body just flows and looks fast. Which is what cars ARE about these days. Why not? Of course, it has to be fast too, but not too fast.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:14 PM   #83
the923
AF Newbie

Thumbs down RSX compared to the new Z???

Quote:
i must say the Z looks much much better in navy blue. But lookswise, I'd take an RSX over the Z. The overall shape is the same (and in pictures the RSX doesn't look to great), but in real life the RSX's body just flows and looks fast. Which is what cars ARE about these days. Why not? Of course, it has to be fast too, but not too fast.
PUHLEEEEEEEEEZ!

The RSX doesn't compare to the 350Z... it's not even in the same class of car!

I pulled up next to a RSX the other day in my '97 Talon and I felt like I was driving a Ferarri. The tall, narrow stance of the RSX doesn't say "fast" :bandit:... it says "Civic-derivative." It says "I'm a soccer mom, but I'm too cool to drive a minivan."

Sorry for the :flamer: but I'm really piss'd at Acura for disappointing me with such a boring reply to something so anxiously anticipated.

Besides... 0-60

RSX: high-6s
350Z: low-5s

My money's going for an upgrade... and it's name is Z!

--------------------------------------------------
DH
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
'97 Talon Tsi AWD ... Honda eater! :rocket:
the923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 10:15 PM   #84
Logik
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Logik
Quote:
Originally posted by NissanZ@af
I really like the interior. I think it looks really cool.
i agree, the interior makes the car.
Old 11-13-2001, 04:37 AM   #85
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Re: RSX compared to the new Z???

Quote:
Originally posted by the923

PUHLEEEEEEEEEZ!

The RSX doesn't compare to the 350Z... it's not even in the same class of car!

I pulled up next to a RSX the other day in my '97 Talon and I felt like I was driving a Ferarri. The tall, narrow stance of the RSX doesn't say "fast" :bandit:... it says "Civic-derivative." It says "I'm a soccer mom, but I'm too cool to drive a minivan."

Sorry for the :flamer: but I'm really piss'd at Acura for disappointing me with such a boring reply to something so anxiously anticipated.

Besides... 0-60

RSX: high-6s
350Z: low-5s

My money's going for an upgrade... and it's name is Z!

--------------------------------------------------
DH
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
'97 Talon Tsi AWD ... Honda eater! :rocket:
Haha, thats some funny stuff... (and good use of smilies)

And to add to that, the new Z is RWD, has a boatload more torque, and seats only 2. Oh and another thing--I'm glad that Nissan choses to keep their Z car under the Nissan name rather than putting it into Infiniti. I still don't get why the RSX is stuck in the Acura division anyway. It doesn't have anything to do with luxury or exclusivity. Damn, the things they do these days to sell more cars...
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote