Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 01:06 AM   #91
4dr_civic91
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 4dr_civic91 Send a message via AIM to 4dr_civic91 Send a message via Yahoo to 4dr_civic91
Red face well, " i must say "

:bandit: Well , this car is juz bad. It looks like it has everything..I wonder if it ties your shoes too ?!
Old 06-03-2002, 01:52 PM   #92
nahmed
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to nahmed
The Z Car

To 4dr_civic91: No. just everything else.

Everyone else: I think Nissan might want to keep with its tradition of keeping lower HP, for Insurance reasons. Also, since NISMO is coming to the US, chances are, there will be a ton of extras for the Z. It's probably wiser for Nissan to do it this way, otherwise non of us will be able to insure the car, if it was tweeked to 350 or higher bhp. I know for my G20, I'm paying closed to $4k, and I'm above the age of 25.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:52 PM   #93
RTurpin
AF Newbie

Cool Z350

Look Nissan-put a V8 in it and a 6speed at300 hp or more and keep the price from $25-35K US Dollars and I will get one right now:sun:
Old 06-06-2002, 12:23 PM   #94
nahmed
AF Regular

Z-Car

RTurpin; Why would you need a V8. The six is sufficient enough to do what you want it to do. Look at Porsche. they're using 6s in most of they're cars.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:29 PM   #95
omarg16
AF Newbie

----

Last edited by omarg16; 11-08-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-09-2002, 05:51 PM   #96
drifterXL
AF Newbie

anyone noe where i can get wall papers of da 350Z..or any other nissans
or wall papers of da cartoony car pictures..similar to da ad of da car on the top left corner of this page?...dankz alot
Old 08-10-2002, 12:21 PM   #97
HellBent
AF Regular

Nahmed,

It's not the HP alone that determines a car's insurance cost, it falls heavily on the cars past record of insurance claims. I have owned several different Mustangs and now a 2001 C5 Corvette. I pay only about $1200 a year for full coverage on my vette ($300,000/$100,000). I used to pay almost double that on a stang, and I was 29 when I got the vette.

I asked the cost if I owned a new Mustang GT, the answer was almost double the vette. The Vette has 350 HP and the Mustang ony 260 HP. The insurance company said it is all based on how many accidents and claims per model each car racks up proportionately. Unfortunately, Mustang GTs are disproportionately owned by young male drivers, who have disproportionately high numbers of claims. This is not to say that all Mustang owners are bad drivers, but enough ruin it for the majority. Therefore if the irresponsible among the fast and the furios crowd buy the 350Z and seek to drive irresponsibly, you will be gauranteed a high insurance rate no matter what the HP rating.

It's sad that what makes sports cars and racing great is also the same ingredient that attracts those who are irresponsible.

-Al
Old 08-12-2002, 01:29 AM   #98
Holyterror
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by HellBent
It's sad that what makes sports cars and racing great is also the same ingredient that attracts those who are irresponsible.
Too true. There is definitely an advantage to sleepers: they come in under the radar to the people who would abuse them.

As for how much horsepower can be extracted from the VQ35DE... it looks like the argument is that you can't get an extra 200 horsepower without turbocharging. That's actually what I was proposing. The turbo could conceivably double horsepower (look at the KA24), and any subsequent modifications would produce much larger gains.

But if you want all that power from a stock, N/A engine, look elsewhere.

Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #05)
Old 08-13-2002, 07:37 AM   #99
nahmed
AF Regular

In due time, that might be possible, but I think you'd be more scared of the car with it's tenticles coming towards you.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:11 AM   #100
Tattude
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Raddog
I see it's an automatic. Will this car be available in a 6-speed manual?
yes, Hell yes
Old 08-20-2002, 10:17 AM   #101
Tattude
AF Newbie

Re: Z350

Quote:
Originally posted by RTurpin
Look Nissan-put a V8 in it and a 6speed at300 hp or more and keep the price from $25-35K US Dollars and I will get one right now:sun:
Why a V8??? V6 is much better for a sports car that is going to cost less then 30K Handle like a champ and keep the weight down. Slap a turbo on there and f--k 300 now your looking at 340hp I'm sure that will come in time...
V8's suck I just wish everyone in the industry would get as much power out of there cars as porche.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:43 AM   #102
nahmed
AF Regular

HellBent-Al

I don't agree with your assesment, since most insurance companies look at statistics for horsepower/torque ratio, prior accidents ratios, cost of maintenance/repair/parts, and price to determine what kind of an insurance rate to put out on a car, according to Geico and Progressive. Now it could be these two companies that are basing their insurance starters on these issues, i don't know, but since they have hp/torque on their list of remarks, that's why I said what I said. Unfortunately, the Z car might be targeted for high insurance, since parts for the car isn't readily available in the US, in mass quantities. Also i believe since the car is coming back after more than 5year the last Z car, it may get a new rap with the insurance industry which would be kind of nice.

On one of the notes you mentioned about bad driver, I agree. Unfortunately, since the price of the car is set around 25-35k, a lot of people want the car, which will include sucky drivers too.

By the way, you're lived in Kyosho, Jpn; how come you didn't import a car like the skyline, or some other exotic Japanese car here?
Old 10-31-2002, 02:45 AM   #103
layton
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to layton
Z is here

The Z has already been released in Japan, specs look good am thinking of buying one next year.

Lay
Old 10-31-2002, 10:06 AM   #104
HellBent
AF Regular

the dread of importing...

Nahmed,

Well we can agree to disagree, I enjoy the different opinions though.

The reason I didn't try to import a car like the Skyline was the cost and the headache. I really enjoyed the 2001 Vette and I got agreat price. I couldn't bear the thought of shippiing the Skyline and having it damaged in shippment, plus all the waiting and hassles.

The biggest heartache I would have is owning and driving it in Japan for $40k-$50k then having to pay another $25k just for the priviledge of driving it in the USA. No thanks.

The C5 turned out to be an awsome car, and I really enjoyed the experience of being part of a National Champion Corvette Club.

Well, I am headed back to Japan in December for another two year tour. Now I can have my Skyline for a reasonable price!

Al
Old 11-05-2002, 07:51 AM   #105
nahmed
AF Regular

HellBent:
You do realize you can insure it during shipping. In fact Motorex will insure it if you use them working on the shipping. If it's damaged, get another one for equal or greater value. The only headache you should have is waiting for the car to get to the US and finding similar parts. Let me know when you're heading back to Japan. If you're interested, you could be a parts finder and shipper for my Lex. I'm finding it difficult to find parts for my 94 and am looking for someone to send me parts from Japan.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe