Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Tacuvito
AF Regular

Gas Consumption Not What I expected

2007 SL, will my gas milage get any better the more I "break in" the engine? Right now I am getting around 25 city and 30 high way without stepping on the gass too hard. I only have 4000 miles on it.
Tacuvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Re: Gas Consumption Not What I expected

Unfortantly it really depends on your driving habbits. But that does sound low. What is your tire pressure set at? But I can tell you it does get decent milage in the summer. I have driven them for a short while when I worked for Nissan and the Versa Wagon (5door) got close to 27MPG around the city and 34 on the highway. But I was running 36psi at all four tires and it was also June when I drove it.

It was a fun little car to drive... but I will stick to my gas sucking Z32. Although the cargo space is nice......

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Since there's only 1 thread in here and I'm in the process of buying a Versa right now, thought I'd ask how the mileage has done since last fall.

I've owned new vehicles (read that: 1 new vehicle and a couple of new engines) before, and the mileage is low for the first 10-15K and after that there's usually an increase.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
sasheehan
AF Newbie

That is about what we are getting and have done for the past year, I agree, definitely not what I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacuvito View Post
2007 SL, will my gas milage get any better the more I "break in" the engine? Right now I am getting around 25 city and 30 high way without stepping on the gass too hard. I only have 4000 miles on it.
sasheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
boingo82
Can't polish a turd.

That is about what we get if my husband drives. We have a 2008 SL with 17k miles and a CVT and typical mixed driving I get about 33mpg. I have gotten up to 38.77 on a trip. I half-ass hypermiling techniques and that helps a lot - like, never move straight from gas to brake, always coast in the middle.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza