Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
waheed420
AF Newbie

Arrow 94 civic altezza taillights issue. Need help.

Hey guys,
I just got some nice altezza taillights and they were meant to be for 92-95 civics, and it said just plug and play. I go to put the lights on, and the factory light that's on the trunk lid has two holes one for reverse, signal, and parking light. The aftermarket one has one hole and I don't know which light to put in there. The factory one had a gray plastic chamber that held the bulbs and had the connector right there and screwed on to the one on the trunk lid, but it's not the same for the aftermarket.

Then I got to the 2nd half of the taillight on the body. This time the factory one had three spots for bulbs two bigger ones, one small one. The aftermarket only had two spots for the bigger bulbs which again gives a problem because on the corner there's area for signal light, but that part won't light up. I looked for any hidden holes I missed but there were none, I just don't get.

Also, I put in projector headlights, and the beam pattern is a little wierd, that regular? Or can I adjust it some how? Any help be great guys. Thanks.

Here's the link for the taillights just incase:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0218125&rd=1,1
waheed420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #2
AudioGuy93DelSol
NA is Best!

Send a message via AIM to AudioGuy93DelSol
Re: 94 civic altezza taillights issue. Need help.

Eh, that's the problem you run into with no-name Ebay stuff. You get what you pay for. Maybe try drilling extral holes for the bulbs. My opinion on altezzas:

"How many NASCAR passes is that worth? 500?" (Schumacher passing Raikkonen)

Emily is amazing, and she messed with my sig AGAIN!

AudioGuy93DelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Those are pretty standard Altezza style tail lights you showed in the picture. They are standard Gen 3 tailights. First off, there is no spot for the little parking light on the outer taillights. There is a reflector there, but no hole for the little parking light. Just the 2 holes for the brake light and the turn signal light. You hook those up, but you just leave the parking light tucked in behind the light covers in the trunk, it won't be used or go anywhere anymore.

As for the inner taillights. A new taillight harness should have come with it. It should be just one light, and the harness plug. You'll use that. You're inner brake lights won't light or work anymore. That plug is the Reverse light. You just plug that harness into the inner trunk taillight plugs and plug the reverse light into the only full hole on the inner lights, the one that's clear for reverse light.

As for halo's...or ANY time you change headlight fixtures, OEM or not, you are going to have to aim the headlights. Look on the backside of the headlights under the hood. There should be 2 screwed next to each projector housing. Those are the headlight adjusting screws. You turn those with a stubby or offset screwdrive to aim the headlights. 1 screw aims up-down, one left-right. Pull about 25 feet away from a wall on a level and flat surface. Mark the center point on the wall in front of the car..and aim the headlights to that point. That will aim your beam pattern.

Any time you get aftermarket stuff like this, it will require stuff like this. It's always give and take, especially with body and exterior mods.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
waheed420
AF Newbie

Cool Re: 94 civic altezza taillights issue. Need help.

that's some great help man! thanks everythings as clear as day now. thanks again!
waheed420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by waheed420
that's some great help man! thanks everythings as clear as day now. thanks again!
No problem. I'm glad I could help.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting