Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 10:15 PM   #16
pcpoon
AF Newbie

Well that's the problem with the RL, since it is a FWD product for the price, it isn't really have much of a competition since most of the products within the RL price range are RWD or AWD.

Plus, Honda's upscale division (Acura) really doesn't have much of a future until they stop ignoring at the RL and really start having it offered as a RWD product to compete well with the Next generation 2004 Lexus GS, Audi A6 Quattro, the Next generation 2004 BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, the VW Passat W8, Infiniti M45 (might be a completely new product for 2005) and the 2005 Cadillac STS.

With the new TL coming this fall as well as the all new TSX, I don't even think that Honda will ever have time for the RL just yet.
pcpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 10:58 PM   #17
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Quote:
Originally posted by pcpoon
With the new TL coming this fall as well as the all new TSX, I don't even think that Honda will ever have time for the RL just yet.
That's true...does it say when Honda plans to re-model the RL?

NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 10:31 PM   #18
ceedoubleyou
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ceedoubleyou Send a message via AIM to ceedoubleyou Send a message via Yahoo to ceedoubleyou
Talking Legend G3/RL3.5

Now I know the car I have here is a 3.5RL in the States huh?
As you see in the Legend forum, I recently purchased a 1997 3.5RL as a 2nd hand Japanese Import. It's Japanese Domestic model name is Legend Euro, it seems to be a low rent model. without traction control. leather. cruise control, and a heap of other stuff which surprised me, but it is this nice classy silver colour. It drives beatifully quietly, but I guess it does wallow a lil'. It's quite a bit bigger than I expected the wife to want to drive, but she loves it. It just don't look that big, but compared to say the Mitsy Diamante, its a couple of cm longer and nowhere as common. Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone else had one and what if any problems they've had with them. Looking good so far, because it came with a 12 month warranty. BTW can some tell me how to reset the trip meter on the dash? It has a trip A and a trip B, nothing happens when I hit the reset bottom when I bring 'em up after scrolling thru the "outside temp" bit.
ceedoubleyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:06 PM   #19
marx7
AF Newbie

Re: RL . . .

"ceedoubleyou"

Just push and hold the button until it resets.
marx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #20
ihula
AF Newbie

The RL is a mature(i.e. old man ) driver's car.If you need blue day glow white gauges and animated displays along with a sonic assault of crazy sounds that will get old quick try a Mazda
ihula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:14 PM   #21
csieminski
AF Regular

Hello, I have a 1990 Legend, and front wheel drive drives me insane. Had an '86 BMW 5-Series before, and RWD is so far superior. I sat in a 2004 RL at an auto show a couple months ago and loved it--larger inside and out, with an expansive, casual design to the interior. The car is even more lovingly crafted than mine, and (had I the money) I would buy one, especially with the styling taken by new BMW's these days. There is one thorn in the beautiful RL's side, however: front wheel drive. The next generation had better not lose the classic elegance and casual grace, but I hope it has at least RWD, if not an optional V-8.
csieminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:35 AM   #22
pcpoon
AF Newbie

What I hear is that the 2005 RL will acquire AWD, but unlikely a V8.
pcpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:50 PM   #23
csieminski
AF Regular

Too bad--does anyone understand why Acura has refused for so long to directly take on the Lexus LS 400/LS 430? What Infiniti did with the G35 is great--RWD standard, with AWD optional.

In my opinion the Acura Legend/RL have had the looks and style to compete with the best in the segment, but come up short on the goods. An NSX-inspired V-6 with VTEC would be great as a base or high-performance engine, but the 545i, A6 4.2, GS 430, LS 430, Q45, E500 and S-Class have and continue to one-up the RL with nice V-8's. At least the TL's become really competitive, the the elegant, swanlike RL has kind of been out in the cold since its inception.
csieminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:23 AM   #24
avpart3
AF Enthusiast

Check out the RL's new body right hurr!

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=04498386

''There's NO Ideas Original, Its Nothing New under the Sun!''
avpart3 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL