Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
twisted27
AF Newbie

Re: 97 eclipse non turbo mt base=no power to pump

sorry for the question you had already answerd
twisted27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

Let me know what you figure out and we can hopefully point you in the right direction.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #18
twisted27
AF Newbie

so im not getting any power to the coil pack.... that would suggest that i would need the main relay wich i think is the asd relay you are talking about. thats so weird cuz when i tested the two realys under the hood in the firewall, fuel pump and (ASD) realys the tested "good"
Old 04-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

This does not mean that the relay is bad. The ECU tells that relay when to cut on and off. My guess is that you have a problem somewhere else and the ECU is not letting the car start. I would start with checking power at the sensors (Crank, cam, TPS, MAP etc) Then test each sensor to determine if its good or not. Also make sure the plugs are clean. I had a no start issue once and it was a dirty crank sensor plug.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SilvrEclipse For This Useful Post:
twisted27 (06-16-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
twisted27
AF Newbie

Okay guys sry its been awhile.... soi will go in to as much detail as possible. i still dont get any voltage to pump,ignition coil. i get voltage to relays i had to jump the 4 pin relay conector where the radio would be to get it to crank. so it cranks but still no power to fuel pump or ignition coil. i also do not have a check engine light when the key is turned to the "on" position or while cranking. is there a way to check if the ecu is operational. p.s. i have applied voltage to pump and pump works just cant get the wires to show voltage.idk thanx for your responses guys

also i have replaced the 2 relays on the drivers side firewall and the 4 pin relay where the radio is( still have to jump the 4 pin for it to crank)

sry also i get .5volts at cam sensor with key on dont know if it is supposed to get 12 or if its only under crank that i would see what voltage is actually supposed to be

so i have forced the asd relay to switch ( grounding out red/white wire) and i get voltage to the black red wire that goes to the ignition
coil. is ther a ground wire in that connector for the coil pack? if so then i have a grounding problem(wich i would think it would have to do with some sort of secutity alarm) lights dont flash tho

Last edited by twisted27; 06-16-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: update: