Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 11:09 PM   #61
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Re: Re: 91 Lumina stalls- even tried a psychic :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblake
since you guys are so into this problem, I'd like to direct you to my recent fuck up. I feel ashamed that its a honda, but I assure you its my friends, which is why I really want to get it fixed at very minimal cost. With that being said, please click here http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=289235
I posted over there about it, tblake.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:12 PM   #62
cooltc2004
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cooltc2004
Re: 91 Lumina stalls- even tried a psychic :-)

Complete Edit: Yeah I now see that in the first post he doesnt think its the TCC since it happens in N and P, which makes sence. Sorry.

Last edited by cooltc2004; 09-23-2004 at 08:29 AM.
cooltc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:43 PM   #63
Kooterskkar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kooterskkar
It always helps to read the entire thread first. We've narrowed it down the TPS or FPR.
Kooterskkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:59 PM   #64
tmcsherr
AF Newbie

Thanks again...these suggestions are a goldmine. I have no doubt that implementing them is going to solve the problem. Unfortunately, I am now preparing for a job move to Las Vegas and (with my daughter still here) have found and arranged for a good mechanic to take care of the problem when it next shows itself. I have printed out the entire content of this thread and given it to her to give to the mechanic...

But, personally, I think the car is AFRAID of you all...it knows when it's met it's masters! It hasn't acted up since I started posting here.

(Or maybe that psychic hoo dooed some voodoo....not)

Thanks again. As I said, I'll post again with the solution that finally fixes this beast.

Thanks
tmcsherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 01:22 PM   #65
Kooterskkar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kooterskkar
When the TPS in my corsica went bad the throttle would intermittently " get stuck". Had it happen three times on my way home from work, checked every thing when I got home to make sure there was nothing in he way of the throttle lever/cable. It didnt do it again till three days later which was also when I discovered it was the TPS. I had just barely tapped the gas, and the engine rocketed up to 5000 rpm, and stayed there. :22yikes: I cut it off and replaced the TPS that afternoon. Somehow I dont think a FPR would be an intermittent problem.
Kooterskkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:23 PM   #66
Chevrolet
AF Newbie

Hope this helps.
I piggybacked off your forum since I had low mileage 91 chevy stalling problems also. Mine was more dramatic, going within two weeks from sometimes stalling at lights (but idle was fine as long as I threw it into neutral), to starting to stall at 65mph on the freeway. After testing/changing out everything imaginable, it was finally decided to change out the ECM. Fortunately you can get them fairly cheap (reconditioned), but they are not the easiest to get to to replace. It has been running fine for the past week.
Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:24 AM   #67
tmcsherr
AF Newbie

Just thought I'd check in from Las Vegas. Interestingly enough, my daughter says the car has been running fine...Scott, it probably IS a good idea to replace all those things but I can't work long distance, and so it'll have to wait.

Sorry I have no resolution to report on this problem...the only thing I did to it since the last time it stalled was dump a shitload of injector cleaner in the tank.

If nothing else, this thread should be posted at the start of the forum cause you guys have worked so hard on this problem adn come up with so many good suggestions adn explanatory posts that reading it is an excellent place to start for all the others that have similar problems. This gem of troubleshooting wisdom should not be lost or fade into history!!!!!

Thanks.
tmcsherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #68
B&BMIKE
AF Newbie

Re: 91 Lumina stalls- even tried a psychic :-)

Has anyone figured out the cause of this problem?
I have a 91 with the exact problem.
All of a sudden it will die when accelerating start back up and idle fine touch the gas and it dies until its ready to run.
Noticed on the data all the sensor readings go haywire, the cooling fans go high speed then all of a sudden it returns to normal.
Leaning towards e.c.m.
B&BMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina