Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Grand Marquis
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #1
Terrence allen
AF Newbie

Do I need a master cylinder?

I have a 02 Mercury grand Marquis GS with abs Some how the brake line had a rust hole in it and broke right in the center it's the line that's above the fuel tank goes for left to right Not sure if the master cylinder went empty and all the fluid had leaked out someone that wanted to buy it was test driving it when it broke well anyway I changed the brake line and filled the m/c with brake fluid bled all the brakes by having a friend pump them up and hold while i crack the banjo bolt on each wheel cause bleeder screws are frozen and I didn't want to break them off and have bigger problems did this 5 times on each wheel and made sure m/c was topped off and didn't go low on fluid while I was bleeding each wheel afterwards I went to test drove it and noticed when you go to stop pedal is very soft and goes to the floor but if you pump the the pedal then it still goes to the floor and you can stop the car I checked the m/s and it's full and there is no leaks all the lines are dry no fluid leak anywhere that I can see there's no brake light or abs light on in the dash..I'm puzzled I don't think it's my brake booster could it be the m/s ? Any true no what there talking about mechanics here that had this problem with the Marquis
Terrence allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:25 AM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Do I need a master cylinder?

There is likely still air in the lines. Just doing 5 times on each caliper may not be enough, and just cracking the banjo bolt may not get all the air out.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Grand Marquis