Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Vision
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
firemedic30016
AF Newbie

1994 Eagle Vision ESI Something Very Wrong....

I have a 1994 Eagle Vision ESI which has been a good car for the most part. I do have a few issues with the car that may be related or completely separate issues. First: All the dash gauges will work correctly (MPH gauge, RPM gauge) and then they will all fall and point to the left as if the car were not running. The gas gauge and temp gauge will also fall to the zero position as if the car were not running. Then you may drive another 10 minutes and the gauges will bounce back to life and start working. This has been an issue for over a year now and has not seemed to affect anything except my nerves. Now comes the second issue...Second: When driving down the road the car will just shut off, whether the gauges are working or not. I can put the car in neutral and start it back up and it may run fine for a few minutes or even days before it shuts off again. This has been going on now for about 4 months. Does anyone have any suggestions, comments, advice on this. This is driving me crazy as I have taken it to several shops and they cannot seem to find anything wrong with the car, and the gauges have worked while it was in the shop ( although they did not keep it long and they said they put it on the machine and everything checked out ok). I think I will take the video camera and record this problem and give that to them for proof.

Johnny
firemedic30016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
theFREAKnasty82
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1994 Eagle Vision ESI Something Very Wrong....

when things don't work for you and work just fine for the mechanic, we in the auto industry call that "ghosting" where it works when it wants to. Your first issue, you could have a bad instrument cluster or a communication problem between the cluster and the body control module. Solution: take cluster out and check for proper connections; i.e., no corrosion or crap in both male and female ends of the connectors. Second issue, your igntion switch could have bad contacts in it. Suggestion: try wiggling the key back & forth and up & down in the cylinder, if there's excessive play (noticeable to the point that the entire key cylinder assembly is about to come out) replace lock cylinder.
theFREAKnasty82 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Vision