Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 06:26 AM   #1
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

Opinion please....

Hello all,

I am interested in buying a 04 L300, test drive is today. I need opinion/s on this model.

Thanks

agapehme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
ImpoRt_KiLLeR_5.7
Banned

Re: Opinion please....

well these saturn rooms are dead, but i took my wifes ion 3 in to get detailed and i got the l300 for a few days it was almost as fun as my firebird to drive and are very classey. the black with lightly tinted windows looks awsome , it has quite abite standard but drop another 2g's and get a few packages there leather put mercedes and bmw to shame 1-10 i would give it 10.1 for that price
ImpoRt_KiLLeR_5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:00 AM   #3
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

Too sad the forum is dead. However thank you for responding and giving your fedback.

Have a great day!

Old 05-25-2004, 12:34 PM   #4
RebelGal
AF Newbie

Hi! We have owned Saturns since 1997. '97 SL1...bad paint job, we got a brand new '97 SL1 in its place. '01 SL2....nice car ! Traded up (or so we thought) to an '04.
Problem starts with getting the 4 cyl and not the 6. Power isnt there on the highway when you need it.
Big mistake with the 2004 L300--->headlights and dash lights dim to the point you think the car is going to shut off.<-- (dont know about the tail lights cause I havent followed myself driving yet!!) Just purchased the car April 9, 2004.
Took it into the service dept(after our 30 day return with no question back was already up) and were told that it was a "normal characteristic" of all L series.
The headlights dim to the point that other drivers on the road think you are blinking your lights at them. If I get in an accident with a tractor trailer and he says that I gave him the go ahead to come over.....wonder if I will survive to defend myself??
Seems to be a TSB (technical service bulletin) out that is available to the service department only. Why we werent told about it before we purchased it I will never understand.
Also the depreciation value of a Saturn is really bad.

So thinking about an Lseries??? Think tiwce and do some searching first.
I guess we should have gone with the VUE but my husband didnt think the back seat was a comfortable enough ride for our children.
Sorry to run on like I did, but I just want to make people aware of the problems with the car.
RebelGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:52 PM   #5
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

RebelGal!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. This will certainly help to balance the opinions and feedback I have gotten from others.

I have also driven the Vue "Red Line". It was not bad at all, but not worth the extra money for wheels and front spoiler. The back seat seem fine to me. Then again, my family is at the point where dad is not cool, so it will be empty most of the time.

Thanks again!!

Old 10-14-2004, 01:37 PM   #6
SabreKhan
The middle pedal is bad

Are you trading the Avus Blue '97 ///M3 with the Dove Grey interior for an L-series?!?! I sincerely hope not! Please tell me the M3 is still in your stable, or at least give it to me when you get the Saturn.

2004 Impreza WRX (SCCA DS 519)
2000 Saturn SL
SabreKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:19 PM   #7
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

Saturn

For a Saturn!!!

It would be to replace the Villager that my wife drives. Thanks for the concern though....

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW