Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
tacosoldier
AF Newbie

Is there a safe, dependable sites to order GM parts?

On my Intrigue, the outer weatherstripping around the door window is breaking apart. Its an eye sore, and allowing rain water to pool on the floor. Autozone, Advanced Auto, O'Reilly's, and NAPA do not carry this weatherstripping. I sure don't have the money for a body shop to replace it. The cheapest price I was quoted was $438. I've visited the local salvage yards in my area. Intrigues are a pretty rare find, but the ones that show up have similar issues in this area. Rather than pay high cost a the dealership, I wanna know if there is a good site where I can order GM parts at a great price. Any recommends is greatly appreciated.
tacosoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Re: Is there a safe, dependable sites to order GM parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosoldier View Post
On my Intrigue, the outer weatherstripping around the door window is breaking apart. Its an eye sore, and allowing rain water to pool on the floor. Autozone, Advanced Auto, O'Reilly's, and NAPA do not carry this weatherstripping. I sure don't have the money for a body shop to replace it. The cheapest price I was quoted was $438. I've visited the local salvage yards in my area. Intrigues are a pretty rare find, but the ones that show up have similar issues in this area. Rather than pay high cost a the dealership, I wanna know if there is a good site where I can order GM parts at a great price. Any recommends is greatly appreciated.
You don't say what year your Intrigue is but since it is a " sister car " to the Buick Regal , I'd go to a local Buick dealership parts counter . They may be able to help you or point you in the right direction . Also , talk to the body shop manager and see if he can give you a source for the needed parts . As far as installing the part yourself , you should be able to do it with relative ease . The weatherstripping generally has pins made into the rubber and you simply remove the old weatherstripping and insert the pins ( on the new weatherstripping ) into the pre-existing holes Good luck !
tacosoldier (12-14-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
LittleHoov
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LittleHoov

http://gmpartsdirect.com/ is a good place to order GM parts from, I've ordered there a couple times in the past myself, and on other online forums it seems to have a pretty good reputation.

Some things to watch out for though are that their shipping costs seem to be VERY high sometimes, so be careful during the checkout process for sure, you dont want to agree to anything you dont want to haha.

The only concern I have is that weatherstripping might be a hard part to find, if your local place could give you a part # it would make online shopping much easier.
LittleHoov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleHoov For This Useful Post:
tacosoldier (12-14-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
Scrapper
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosoldier View Post
go to a body shop that sells paint,and fenders and such.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote